Actions and capabilities of Form-centric AEM Workflows on OSGi and AEM Forms JEE workflows
AEM Inbox and HTML Workspace
AEM Inbox is used to run and monitor Forms-centric AEM Workflows on OSGi. HTML Workspace allows you to run and monitor AEM Forms JEE Workflows. The following table lists important actions available in AEM Inbox for Forms-centric AEM Workflows on OSGi and in HTML Workspace for AEM Forms JEE Workflows.
|Actions||AEM Inbox||HTML Workspace|
|Starting a process, task, or form application||Supported||Supported|
|Assigning a task to a group||Supported||Supported|
|Submitting to multiple routes||Supported||Supported|
|Tracking tasks history and task summary||Supported||Supported|
|Field level attachments for adaptive forms||Supported||Not Supported|
|Calendar view||Supported||Not Supported|
|Task level comments||Supported||Not Supported|
|Queues (shared personal queue, Claim tasks from queue)||Not Supported||Supported|
|Out-of-office notification||Not Supported||Supported|
|Assigning a task to multiple users||Not Supported||Supported|
Form-centric AEM Workflows on OSGi and AEM Forms JEE Workflows
Form-centric AEM Workflows on OSGi and AEM Forms JEE Workflows (AEM Forms on JEE Process Management) have a different set of capabilities. The following table lists important capabilities and support available for the capabilities in Form-centric AEM Workflows on OSGi and AEM Forms on JEE Workflows:
|Capabilities||Form-centric AEM Workflows on OSGi||AEM Forms JEE Workflows|
|Integration with other AEM solutions||Supported||Supported|
|Custom email templates||Supported||Supported|
|Defining task priority||Supported||Supported|
|Time out a task after due date||Supported||Supported|
|Loops within workflow||Supported||Supported|
|Dynamically choosing an assignee||Supported||Supported|
|Using custom metadata||Supported||Supported|
|E-signature (Adobe Sign)||Supported ||Supported |
|Manage task and form applications||Supported ||Supported |
|Document Services||Supported ||Supported |
|Render completed task as adaptive form or PDF document||Supported||Supported |
|Integration with Correspondence Management||Supported||Supported|
|Reset button||Supported||Not Supported|
|Workflow stages||Supported||Not Supported|
|Read-only adaptive forms||Supported||Not Supported|
|Hiding the default save button||Supported||Not Supported|
|Granular control over workflow details section||Supported||Not Supported|
|HTML5 Forms, Interactive PDF Forms, Form Set||Not Supported||Supported|
|Process Reporting||Not Supported||Supported|
|Startpoint categories||Not Supported||Supported|
|Bulk task approval||Not Supported||Supported|
|Save draft with a custom name||Not Supported||Supported|
|Initiate a process with existing process data||Not Supported||Supported|
|Saving a startpoint as a draft||Not Supported||Supported|
|Manager view||Not Supported||Supported|
|Search templates||Not Supported||Supported|
|Integration with third-party applications||Supported ||Supported|
|Task-level attachments for workflow application or startpoint||Not Supported||Supported|
|Reminder email||Not Supported||Supported|
|Change title on task timeout||Not Supported||Supported|
|Email on task delegation and task claim||Not Supported||Supported|
|Send an email at the end of the workflow||Supported ||Supported|
|Delegate between disjoint groups||Not Supported||Supported|
|Call a Web service from a workflow||Supported ||Supported|
|XSLT Transform||Not Supported||Supported|
|Gateways, NO WAIT||Supported||Supported|
|OR, AND Split||Not Supported||Supported|
|Dynamic task priority||Not Supported||Not Supported|
- You can use Form-centric AEM Workflows on OSGi to sign an already filled adaptive form. Form-centric AEM Workflows on OSGi supports out of the form signing. The in-form signing experience is not supported.
- You require access to AEM Inbox to run and monitor AEM Forms OSGi AEM Workflows and HTML Workspace to run and monitor AEM Forms JEE Workflows.
- Native AEM Forms Document Services are available for both Form-centric AEM Workflows on OSGi and AEM Forms on JEE Workflows. AEM Workflow uses native document services for Form-centric AEM Workflows on OSGi and AEM Forms JEE (Process Management) Workflows.
- AEM Forms JEE Workflows can only render an adaptive form. It does not support rendering an adaptive form as a PDF document.
- AEM forms JEE Workflows do not have a separate step for Adobe Sign. You require an Adobe Sign enabled adaptive form for AEM forms JEE Workflows. For more details, see Adobe Sign documentation .
- You can use the Invoke Form Data Model Service step to invoke a web-service service and post or retrieve data from a third-party application.
- You can use the Send Email step to send emails.
Differences between AEM Inbox and AEM Forms app features
Two of the prominent ways to launch a Forms-centric workflow are using AEM Inbox and AEM Forms app. The capabilities of AEM Inbox and AEM Forms app, however, differ. AEM Inbox works only with Forms-centric workflows while the AEM Forms app works with both Forms-centric workflows as well as process management.
The following table lists the capabilities of AEM Inbox and AEM Forms app:
AEM Forms App
Starting a form application
Tracking tasks history and task summary
Adding task level attachments
Viewing task level attachments
Adding field level attachments
Displaying the calendar view