Configure the Video component
The Video component lets you place a predefined, out-of-the-box (OOTB) video asset on your page.
For proper transcoding to occur, an administrator installs FFmpeg separately. See Install FFmpeg and configure AEM . Administrators also Configure Video Profiles for use with HTML5 elements.
Configure video profiles
For use of HTML5 elements, define define video profiles. Those chosen here are used in order. To access, use Design Mode (Classic UI only) and select the Profiles tab:
From this dialog, you can also configure the design of the Video component and parameters for Playback, Flash, and Advanced.
Install FFmpeg and configure AEM
The Video component relies on the third-party open-source product FFmpeg for transcoding of videos. Downloaded from https://ffmpeg.org/ . After installing FFmpeg, configure AEM to use a specific audio codec and specific runtime options.
To install FFmpeg on Windows , follow these steps:
- Download the compiled binary as ffmpeg.zip .
- Unarchive to a folder.
- Set the system environment variable PATH to < your-ffmpeg-location > \bin .
- Restart AEM.
To install FFmpeg on Mac OS X , follow these steps:
- Install Xcode available at developer.apple.com/xcode .
- Install MacPorts available at www.macports.org .
- In the console execute sudo port install ffmpeg command and follow the on-screen instructions. Ensure that the path of the FFmpeg executable is added to the PATH system variable.
To install FFmpeg on Mac OS X 10.6 , using the pre-compiled version, follow these steps:
- Download the precompiled version.
- Unarchive it to the /usr/local directory.
- In the console, execute sudo ln -s /usr/local/Cellar/ffmpeg/0.6/bin/ffmpeg /usr/bin/ffmpeg . Change the paths as appropriate.
To configure AEM , follow these steps:
These steps are only necessary if further customization of codecs is required.
- Open CRXDE Lite in your web browser. Access http://localhost:4502/crx/de .
- Select the /libs/settings/dam/video/format_aac/jcr:content node and ensure that the node properties are as follows:
- audioCodec is aac .
- customArgs is -flags +loop -me_method umh -g 250 -qcomp 0.6 -qmin 10 -qmax 51 -qdiff 4 -bf 16 -b_strategy 1 -i_qfactor 0.71 -cmp chroma -subq 8 -me_range 16 -coder 1 -sc_threshold 40 -b-pyramid normal -wpredp 2 -mixed-refs 1 -8x8dct 1 -fast-pskip 1 -keyint_min 25 -refs 4 -trellis 1 -direct-pred 3 -partitions i8x8,i4x4,p8x8,b8x8 .
- To customize the configuration, create an overlay in /apps/settings/ node and move the same structure under /conf/global/settings/ node. It cannot be edited in /libs node. For example, to overlay path /libs/settings/dam/video/fullhd-bp , create it at /conf/global/settings/dam/video/fullhd-bp .Overlay and edit the entire profile-node and not just the property that needs modification. Such resources are not resolved via SlingResourceMerger.
- If you changed either of the properties, click Save All.
Changes to the default out-of-the-box (OOTB) workflow models are not preserved when you upgrade your AEM instance. Adobe recommends that you copy the modified workflow models before edit those. For example, copy the OOTB DAM Update Asset model before editing the FFmpeg Transcoding step in the DAM Update Asset model to pick video-profile names that existed before the upgrade. Then, you can overlay the /apps node to let AEM retrieve the custom changes to the OOTB model.