Integrate Assets with activity stream
Adobe Experience Manager Assets users perform many actions like creating, uploading and deleting Assets. These actions can be recorded so you are able to provide an history of what has been done by a user. This section describes the recording capabilities of Experience Manager and how to configure Experience Manager in order to record specific events.
Performance considerations and default behavior
This integration could be CPU and disk space consuming for example when doing bulk import. For these reasons the Assets integration with the Activity Stream is disabled by default.
Supported action events
The following events can be configured to be recorded:
- License accepted (ACCEPTED)
- Asset created (ASSET_CREATED)
- Asset moved (ASSET_MOVED)
- Asset removed (ASSET_REMOVED)
- License rejected (REJECTED)
- Asset downloaded (DOWNLOADED)
- Asset versioned (VERSIONED)
- Asset version restored (RESTORED)
- Asset Metadata updated (METADATA_UPDATED)
- Asset published to external system (PUBLISHED_EXTERNAL)
- Asset's original updated (ORIGINAL_UPDATED)
- Asset Rendition updated (RENDITION_UPDATED)
- Asset Rendition removed (RENDITION_REMOVED)
- Sub-asset updated (SUBASSET_UPDATED)
- Sub-asset removed (SUBASSET_REMOVED)
Configure Assets events recording
The Web console provides access to the Assets Event Recorder tuning. To configure the Assets Event Recorder, proceed as follows:
- Navigate to the Web Console
- Click Configuration .
- Double click Day CQ DAM Event Recorder .
- Check Enables this service .
- Check which Event Types you want to be recorded in the user activity stream.
- Click Save .
Read recorded events
The recorded events are stored as activities. You can read them programmatically using the ActivityManager API .