Configure asset tagging using the Smart Content Service
You can integrate Adobe Experience Manager with the Smart Content Service using Adobe Developer Console. Use this configuration to access the Smart Content Service from within Experience Manager.
The article details out the following key tasks that are required to configure the Smart Content Service. At the back end, the Experience Manager server authenticates your service credentials with the Adobe Developer Console gateway before forwarding your request to the Smart Content Service.
- Create an integration in Adobe Developer Console and upload the generated public key.
- Configure your deployment using the API key and other credentials from Adobe Developer Console.
- Optionally, enable auto-tagging on asset upload .
Before you use the Smart Content Service, ensure the following to create an integration on Adobe Developer Console:
- An Adobe ID account that has administrator privileges for the organization.
- The Smart Content Service is enabled for your organization.
To enable Enhanced Smart Tags, in addition to the above, also install the latest Experience Manager service pack .
Create Smart Content Service configuration to obtain
A public certificate allows you to authenticate your profile on Adobe Developer Console.
- In the Experience Manager user interface, access Tools > Cloud Services > Legacy Cloud Services .
- In the Cloud Services page, click Configure Now under Assets Smart Tags .
- In the Create Configuration dialog, specify a title and name for the Smart Tags configuration. Click Create .
- In the AEM Smart Content Service dialog, use the following values:Service URL : https://mc.adobe.io/marketingcloud/smartcontentAuthorization Server : https://ims-na1.adobelogin.comLeave the other fields blank for now (to be provided later). Click OK .Figure: Smart Content Service dialog to provide content service URLThe URL provided as Service URL is not accessible via browser and generates a 404 error. The configuration works OK with the same value of the Service URL parameter. For the overall service status and maintenance schedule, see https://status.adobe.com .
- Click Download Public Certificate for OAuth Integration , and download the public certificate file AEM-SmartTags.crt .Figure: Settings for smart tagging service
Reconfigure when a certificate expires
After a certificate expires, it is no longer trusted. You cannot renew an expired certificate. To add a new certificate, follow these steps.
- Log in your Experience Manager deployment as an administrator. Click Tools > Security > Users .
- Locate and click dam-update-service user. Click Keystore tab.
- Delete the existing similaritysearch keystore with the expired certificate. Click Save & Close .Figure: Delete the existing similaritysearch entry in Keystore to add a new security certificate.
- Navigate to Tools > Cloud Services > Legacy Cloud Services . Click Asset Smart Tags > Show Configuration > Available Configurations . Click the required configuration.
- To download a public certificate, click Download Public Certificate for OAuth Integration .
Create Adobe Developer Console integration
To use Smart Content Service APIs, create an integration in Adobe Developer Console to obtain API Key (generated in CLIENT ID field of Adobe Developer Console integration), TECHNICAL ACCOUNT ID, ORGANIZATION ID, and CLIENT SECRET for Assets Smart Tagging Service Settings of cloud configuration in Experience Manager.
- Access https://console.adobe.io in a browser. Select the appropriate account and verify that the associated organization role is system administrator.
- Create a project with any desired name. Click Add API .
- On the Add an API page, select Experience Cloud and select Smart Content . Click Next .
- Select Upload your public key . Provide the certificate file downloaded from Experience Manager. A message Public key(s) uploaded successfully is displayed. Click Next .Create a new Service Account (JWT) credential page displays the public key for the service account just configured.
- Click Next .
- On the Select product profiles page, select Smart Content Services . Click Save configured API .A page displays more information about the configuration. Keep this page open to copy and add these values in Assets Smart Tagging Service Settings of cloud configuration in Experience Manager to configure smart tags.Figure: Details of integration in Adobe Developer Console
Configure Smart Content Service
To configure the integration, use the values of TECHNICAL ACCOUNT ID, ORGANIZATION ID, CLIENT SECRET, and CLIENT ID fields from the Adobe Developer Console integration. Creating a Smart Tags cloud configuration allows authentication of API requests from the Experience Manager deployment.
- In Experience Manager, navigate to Tools > Cloud Service > Legacy Cloud Services to open the Cloud Services console.
- Under the Assets Smart Tags , open the configuration created above. On the service settings page, click Edit .
- In the AEM Smart Content Service dialog, use the pre-populated values for the Service URL and Authorization Server fields.
- For the fields Api Key, Technical Account ID, Organization ID, and Client Secret, copy and use the following values generated in Adobe Developer Console integration .Assets Smart Tagging Service SettingsAdobe Developer Console integration fieldsApi KeyCLIENT IDTechnical Account IDTECHNICAL ACCOUNT IDOrganization IDORGANIZATION IDClient SecretCLIENT SECRET
Validate the configuration
After you have completed the configuration, you can use a JMX MBean to validate the configuration. To validate, follow these steps.
- Access your Experience Manager server at https://[aem_server]:[port] .
- Go to Tools > Operations > Web Console to open the OSGi console. Click Main > JMX .
- Click com.day.cq.dam.similaritysearch.internal.impl . It opens SimilaritySearch Miscellaneous Tasks .
- Click validateConfigs() . In the Validate Configurations dialog, click Invoke .
The validation results are displayed in the same dialog.
Enable smart tagging in the DAM Update Asset workflow (Optional)
- In Experience Manager, go to Tools > Workflow > Models .
- On Workflow Models page, select the DAM Update Asset workflow model.
- Click Edit from the toolbar.
- Expand the Side Panel to display the steps. Drag Smart Tag Asset step that is available in the DAM Workflow section and place it after the Process Thumbnails step.Figure: Add smart tag asset step after the process thumbnail step in the DAM Update Asset workflow.
- Open the step in edit mode. Under Advanced Settings , ensure that the Handler Advance option is selected.Figure: Configure DAM Update Asset workflow and add smart tag step
- In the Arguments tab, select Ignore Errors if you want the workflow to complete even if the automatic tagging step fails.Figure: Configure DAM Update Asset workflow to add smart tag step and select handler advanceTo tag assets when they are uploaded irrespective of whether smart tagging is enabled on folders, select Ignore Smart Tag Flag .Figure: Configure DAM Update Asset workflow to add smart tag step and select ignore Smart Tag flag
- Click OK to close the process step, and then save the workflow.