The Asset Insights feature enables you to track user ratings and usage statistics of images that are used in third-party websites, marketing campaigns, and Adobe's creative solutions. It helps derive insights regarding their performance and popularity.
Assets Insights captures user activity details, such as the number of times an image is rated, clicked, and impressions (number of times an image is loaded on the website). It assigns scores to images based on these statistics. You can use the scores and performance statistics to select popular images for inclusion in catalogs, marketing campaigns, and so on. You can even formulate archival and license renewal policies based on these statistics.
For Assets Insights to capture usage statistics for images from a website, you must include the embed code for the image in the website code.
To let Asset Insights display usage statistics for assets, first configure the feature to fetch reporting data from Adobe Analytics. For details, see Configure Asset Insights .
Insights are only supported and provided for images.
View statistics for an image
You can view the Asset Insights scores from the metadata page.
- From the Assets user interface (UI), select the image and then click Properties from the toolbar.
- From the Properties page, click the Insights tab.
- Review the usage details for the asset in the Insights tab. The Score section describes the total asset usage and performance sores of an asset .Usage score describes the numbers of times asset is used in various solutions.The Impressions score is the number of times the asset is loaded on the web site. The number displayed under Clicks is the number of times the asset is clicked.
- Review the Usage Statistics section to know which entities the asset was part of and which creative solutions recently used it. The higher the usage, the greater the chances that the asset is popular among users. Usage data is displayed under the following heads:
Because the Asset Insights feature typically fetches the Solutions data from Adobe Analytics in a periodic manner, the Solutions section may not display the most recent data. The time period for which the data is displayed depends the schedule of the fetch operation that Asset Insights runs to retrieve Analytics data.
- Asset : The number of times the asset was part of a collection or compound asset
- Web & Mobile : The number of times the asset was part of websites and apps
- Social : The number of times the asset was used in solutions, such as Adobe Social and Adobe Campaign
- Email : The number of times the asset was used in email campaigns
- To view performance statistics for the asset graphically over a period of time, select period in the Performance Statistics section. Details, including clicks and impressions are displayed as trend lines of a graph.Unlike the data in the Solutions section, the Performance Statistics section displays the most recent data.
- To obtain the embed code for the asset that you include in websites to gets performance data, click Get Embed Code below the asset thumbnail. For more information on how to include your Embed code in third-party web pages, see Using Page Tracker and embed code in web pages .
View aggregate statistics for images
You can view scores of all assets within a folder simultaneously using Insights View .
- In the Assets user interface, navigate to the folder containing the assets for which you want to view insights.
- Click the Layout icon from the toolbar, and then choose Insights View .
- The page displays usage scores for the assets. Compare the ratings of the various assets and draw insights.
Schedule background job
Asset Insights fetches usage data for assets from Adobe Analytics report suites in a periodic manner. By default, Asset Insights runs a background job every 24 hours at 2 AM to the fetch data. However, you can modify both the frequency and the time by configuring the Adobe CQ DAM Asset Performance Report Sync Job service from the web console.
- Click the Experience Manager logo, and go to Tools > Operations > Web Console .
- Open the Adobe CQ DAM Asset Performance Report Sync Job service configuration.
- Specify the desired scheduler frequency and the start time for the job in the property scheduler expression. Save the changes.