Applying Workflows to Pages
When you apply the workflow, you specify the following information:
- The workflow to apply.You can apply any workflow (that you have access to, as assigned by your AEM administrator).
- A comment that provides information about why you started the workflow.
- A title that helps identify the workflow instance in a user's Inbox.
AEM administrators can start workflows using several other methods .
Workflows can be started from either the Websites console or, when editing a page, from Sidekick.
The Status column in the Websites console indicates whether a workflow has been applied to a page:
Starting a Workflow from the Websites Console
- Open the Websites console. ( http://localhost:4502/siteadmin )
- In the Websites tree, select the parent of the page to which you want to apply the workflow.
- In the page list, select the page and then click Workflow.
- In the Start Workflow dialog, select the workflow to apply. Optinally, enter a comment and a title. Then, click Start.
Starting a Workflow using Sidekick
- Open the Websites console.
- Open the required page.
- Select the Workflow tab from the Sidekick.
- Expand the Workflow dialog, allowing you to select the Workflow and optionally enter Workflow Title and Comment .
- Click Start Workflow to start a new workflow instance with the properties you configured and the current page as the payload. Now the workflow is running.