AEM generic eCommerce is available as part of a standard installation and provides you with the full functionality of the eCommerce framework.
Adobe provides two versions of the Commerce Integration Framework:
Supported AEM versions
AEM on-prem or AMS 6.x
AEM AMS 6.4 and 6.5
- AEM, Java
- Monolithic integration, pre-build mapping (template)
- JCR repository
- No Commerce data stored in JCR repository
AEM server-side rendered pages
Mixed page application (hybrid rendering)
- Product importer, editor, caching in AEM
- Regular catalogs with AEM or proxy pages
- No product import
- Generic templates
- On-demand data via connector
- Can support up to a few million products (depends on the use-case)
- Caching on Dispatcher
- No volume limitation
- Caching on Dispatcher or CDN
Standardized data model
Yes, Magento GraphQL schema
- SAP Commerce Cloud (Extension updated to support AEM 6.4 and Hybris 5 (default) and maintains compatibility with Hybris 4
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Connector open-sourced to support AEM 6.4)
Yes via open source via GitHub.
Magento Commerce (Supports Magento 2.3.2 (default) and compatible with Magento 2.3.1).
When to use
Limited use-cases: For scenarios where small, static catalogs may need to be imported
Preferred solution in most use-cases
Deploying Other Implementations
For AEM and Magento, please see AEM and Magento integration using the Commerce Integration Framework .