Upgrade to AEM 6.5 Forms on OSGi
You can perform a direct upgrade from AEM 6.3 Forms or AEM 6.4 Forms to AEM 6.5 Forms.
Direct upgrade path from AEM 6.0 Forms, AEM 6.1 Forms , and AEM 6.2 Forms to AEM 6.5 Forms is not available. Perform an intermediate upgrade to AEM 6.2 Forms , upgrade to AEM 6.3 Forms , or upgrade to AEM 6.4 Forms and then upgrade from AEM 6.3 Forms, or AEM 6.4 Forms to AEM 6.5 Forms.
Do the following to upgrade from AEM 6.3 Forms or AEM 6.4 Forms to AEM 6.5 Forms:
- Upgrade the existing AEM instance to AEM 6.5. The steps are listed below:
- Install the latest service pack and patches for AEM 6.3 Forms or AEM 6.4 Forms. For details, see AEM Sustenance Hub .
- Prepare the source instance for the upgrade. For detailed steps, see Upgrading to AEM 6.5 .
- Download the AEM 6.5 QuickStart .
- (Unix/Linux-based installations only) If you are using UNIX or Linux as the underlying operating system, open the terminal window, navigate to the folder containing crx-quickstart, and run the following command:chmod -R 755 ../crx-quickstart
- Upgrade your AEM instance to AEM 6.3. For step by step instructions, see Upgrading to AEM 6.5 .Before continuing with the next steps, wait until the ServiceEvent REGISTERED and ServiceEvent UNREGISTERED messages stop appearing in the <crx-repository>/error.log file.
- Install AEM Forms add-on package. The steps are listed below:
- Log in to the AEM server as an administrator and open the package share. The default URL of the package share is https://'[server]:[port]'/crx/packageshare .
- In package share, search AEM 6.5 Forms add-on packages , click the package applicable to your operating system, and click Download . Read and accept the license agreement and click OK . The download starts. Once downloaded, the word Downloaded appears next to the package.Alternately, you can also use the hyperlinks listed in AEM Forms releases to manually download a package.
- After the download is complete, click Downloaded . You are redirected to package manager. In the package manager, search the downloaded package, and click Install .If you manually download the package using the direct link listed in AEM Forms releases , then open AEM Package Manager, click Upload Package , select the downloaded package, and click upload. After the package is uploaded, click package name, and click Install.After the package is installed, you are prompted to restart the AEM instance. Do not immediately stop the server. Before stopping the AEM Forms server, wait until the ServiceEvent REGISTERED and ServiceEvent UNREGISTERED messages stop appearing in the <crx-repository>/error.log file and the log is stable. Also note, a few packages can remain in the installed state. You can safely ignore the state of these packages.
- Restart the AEM instance.
- Perform post-installation activities.
- Run Migration UtilityThe migration utility makes the adaptive forms and correspondence management assets of earlier versions compatible with AEM 6.5 forms. You can download the utility from AEM package share. For step-by-step information to configure and use the migration utility, see migration utility .If you are using Sample for integrating drafts & submissions component with the database and upgrading from a previous version, then run the following SQL queries after performing the upgrade:
UPDATE metadata m, additionalmetadatatable am SET m.dataType = am.value WHERE m.id = am.id AND am.key = 'dataType'
DELETE from additionalmetadatatable WHERE `key` = 'dataType'
- (If upgrading from AEM 6.2 Forms or previous versions only) Reconfigure Adobe SignIf you had Adobe Sign configured in the previous version of AEM Forms, then reconfigure Adobe Sign from AEM Cloud services. For more details, see Integrate Adobe Sign with AEM Forms .
- Support for jQueryIn AEM 6.5 Forms, version of jQuery is updated to 3.2.1 and jQuery UI version is updated to 1.12.1. AEM Form uses JQuery in noConflict mode. So, if you are using any other jQuery version, no issues are displayed while performing an upgrade. However, when you upgrade to AEM 6.5 Forms:
- Ensure that your custom components, if any, are compatible with supported jQuery versions.
- Remove unsupported APIs from the custom components. See upgrade guide for the list of removed APIs. For example, support for the load(), .unload(), and .error() APIs is removed. Use the .on() method in place of aforementioned APIs. For example, change $("img").load(fn) to $("img").on("load", fn).
- (If upgrading from AEM 6.2 Forms or previous versions only) Reconfigure analytics and reportsIn AEM 6.4 Forms, traffic variable for source and success event for impression are not available. So, when you upgrade from AEM 6.2 Forms or previous versions, AEM Forms stops sending data to Adobe Analytics server and analytics reports for adaptive forms are not available. Moreover, AEM 6.4 Forms introduces traffic variable for the version of form analytics and success event for the amount of time spent on a field. So, reconfigure analytics and reports for your AEM Forms environment. For detailed steps, see Configuring analytics and reports .
- Verify that the server is upgraded successfully, all the data is also migrated successfully, and it can operate normally.
In AEM 6.4 Forms, the structure of crx-repository has changed. If upgrade from 6.3 Forms to AEM 6.5 Forms, use the changed paths for customization that you create afresh. For the complete list of changed paths, see Forms Repository Restructuring in AEM .
- Verify the status of the bundles: Ensure that all the bundles are in active state.
- Verify replication and reverse replication: Publish, fill, and submit a few migrated forms. Verify the submitted data also.
- Verify access to admin and developer user interfaces: Log in to AEM instance from an admin account and verify that you have access to the following URLs: