Actions and capabilities of Form-centric AEM Workflows on OSGi and AEM Forms JEE workflows
AEM Inbox and HTML Workspace
You can use AEM Inbox to run and monitor Forms-centric AEM Workflows on OSGi. Whereas, HTML Workspace allows you to run and monitor AEM Forms JEE Workflows. The following table helps you understand various important actions available in AEM Inbox for Forms-centric AEM Workflows on OSGi and in HTML Workspace for AEM Forms JEE Workflows.
|Actions||AEM Inbox||HTML Workspace|
|Starting a process, task, or form application||Supported||Supported|
|Assigning a task to a group||Supported||Supported|
|Submitting to multiple routes||Supported||Supported|
|Tracking tasks history and task summary||Supported||Supported|
|Field level attachments for adaptive forms||Supported||Not Supported|
|Calendar view||Supported||Not Supported|
|Task level comments||Supported||Not Supported|
|Queues (shared personal queue, Claim tasks from queue)||Supported||Supported|
|Customizing UI elements||Supported||Supported|
|Assigning a task to multiple users||Not Supported||Supported|
Form-centric AEM Workflows on OSGi and AEM Forms JEE Workflows
Form-centric AEM Workflows on OSGi and AEM Forms JEE Workflows (AEM Forms on JEE Process Management) have a different set of capabilities. The following table helps you understand important capabilities available in Form-centric AEM Workflows on OSGi and AEM Forms on JEE Workflows:
|Capabilities||Form-centric AEM Workflows on OSGi||AEM Forms JEE Workflows|
|Integration with other AEM solutions||Supported||Supported|
|Custom email templates||Supported||Supported|
|Defining task priority||Supported||Supported|
|Time out a task after due date||Supported||Supported|
|Loops within workflow||Supported||Supported|
|Dynamically choosing an assignee||Supported||Supported|
|Using custom metadata||Supported||Supported|
|E-signature (Adobe Sign)||Supported ||Supported |
|Manage task and form applications||Supported ||Supported |
|Document Services||Supported ||Supported |
|Render completed task as adaptive form or PDF document||Supported||Supported |
|Integration with Correspondence Management||Supported||Supported|
|Reset button||Supported||Not Supported|
|Workflow stages||Supported||Not Supported|
|Read-only adaptive forms||Supported||Not Supported|
|Hiding the default save button||Supported||Not Supported|
|Granular control over workflow details section||Supported||Not Supported|
|HTML5 Forms, Interactive PDF Forms, Form Set||Not Supported||Supported|
|Process Reporting||Not Supported||Supported|
|Startpoint categories||Not Supported||Supported|
|Bulk task approval||Not Supported||Supported|
|Save draft with a custom name||Not Supported||Supported|
|Initiate a process with existing process data||Not Supported||Supported|
|Saving a startpoint as a draft||Not Supported||Supported|
|Manager view||Not Supported||Supported|
|Search templates||Not Supported||Supported|
|Integration with third-party applications||Not Supported ||Supported|
|Task-level attachments for workflow application or startpoint||Not Supported||Supported|
|Reminder email||Not Supported||Supported|
|Change title on task timeout||Not Supported||Supported|
|Email on task delegation and task claim||Not Supported||Supported|
|Send an email at the end of the workflow||Supported ||Supported|
|Delegate between disjoint groups||Not Supported||Supported|
|Call a Web service from a workflow||Not Supported||Supported|
|XSLT Transform||Not Supported||Supported|
|Gateways , NO WAIT||Supported||Supported|
|Variables to store data||Supported||Supported|
|OR, AND Split||Not Supported||Supported|
|Dynamic task priority||Not Supported||Not Supported|
- You can use Form-centric AEM Workflows on OSGi to sign a filled adaptive form. Form-centric AEM Workflows on OSGi supports out of the form signing. The in-form signing experience is not supported.
- You require access to AEM Inbox to run and monitor Form-Centric workflows on AEM Forms OSGi and HTML Workspace to run and monitor AEM Forms JEE Workflows.
- Native AEM Forms Document Services are available for both Form-centric AEM Workflows on OSGi and AEM Forms on JEE Workflows. AEM Workflow uses native document services for Form-centric AEM Workflows on OSGi and AEM Forms JEE (Process Management) Workflows.
- AEM Forms JEE Workflows can only render an adaptive form. It does not support rendering an adaptive form as a PDF document.
- AEM forms JEE Workflows do not have a separate step for Adobe Sign. You require an Adobe Sign enabled adaptive form for AEM forms JEE Workflows. For more details, see Adobe Sign documentation .
- You can use the Invoke Form Data Model Service step to invoke a web-service service and post or retrieve data from a third-party application.
- You can use the Send Email step to send emails.
Differences between AEM Inbox and AEM Forms app features
Two of the prominent ways to launch a Forms-centric workflow are using AEM Inbox and AEM Forms app. The capabilities of AEM Inbox and AEM Forms app, however, differ. AEM Inbox works only with Forms-centric workflows while the AEM Forms app works with both Forms-centric workflows as well as process management.
The following table lists the capabilities of AEM Inbox and AEM Forms app:
AEM Forms App
Starting a form application
Tracking tasks history and task summary
Adding task level attachments
Viewing task level attachments
Adding field level attachments
Displaying the calendar view