Logging in AEM Forms workflows
Forms workflow steps provide detailed logs to debug workflow-related issues conveniently. Enable debug logging for AEM Forms workflows to view the logs.
By default, all logging information is available in the error.log file at the /crx-repository/logs/ directory.
The debug logs for forms workflows include:
- Entry of each workflow step. For example: [DEBUG] "Executing Invoke DDX Process step"
- Exit of each workflow step. For example: [DEBUG] "Successfully finished Invoke DDX Process step"
- Service invocation messages. For example: [DEBUG] Invoking Adobe Sign Service for creating agreement
- Service exit messages. For example: [DEBUG] Agreement created successfully with agreement id <agreement id>
- Variables read from the metadata map. For example: [DEBUG] Successfully retrieved variable <variable name> from workflow meta data map
- Variables written in JCR repository. For example:
[DEBUG] Successfully written variable <variable name> into meta data node at <JCR path where meta data is being written>
- Exception messages with complete stack trace. For example: [DEBUG] Exception in Adobe Sign Service <complete stack trace>
- Dynamic step metadata parameters. For example:
[DEBUG] Document of Record to be generated for adaptive form <path of adaptive form> [DEBUG] Locale to be used for Document of Record is <locale>
The following example illustrates the logs for the Sign Document step:
[DEBUG] Executing sign document step. [DEBUG] Using adobe sign configuration: <path of adobe sign configuration> [DEBUG] Invoking Adobe Sign Service for creating agreement [DEBUG] Agreement created successfully with agreement id <agreement id> [DEBUG] Exception in Adobe Sign Service <complete stack trace> [ERROR] Exception in Adobe Sign Service [DEBUG] Successfully finished sign document step
Use the logs to evaluate that:
- You are using a correct adobe sign configuration.
- The Adobe Sign Service exits after creating an agreement successfully.
- The Sign Document step exits with a success message.
If there is an exception, you can view the complete stack trace to evaluate the cause of the error.
Enable debug logging for AEM Forms workflows
Perform the following steps to enable debug logging for AEM Forms workflows:
- Go to AEM web console configuration manager at:
- Select Sling > Log Support .
- Tap Add new Logger.
- Select Debug as the Log Level .
- Specify the location of the log file. The default location for the log file is: logs\error.log
- Specify the name of the package as com.adobe.granite.workflow.core in the Logger column.Executing these steps enables storing the debug logs for the com.adobe.granite.workflow.core package. Tap + and add the following package names to the list: