Configure Your Users and User Groups
Adobe recommends using the SPA Editor for projects that require single page application framework-based client-side rendering (e.g. React). Learn more .
This chapter describes the user roles and how to configure your users and groups to support the authoring and mangement of your mobile apps.
AEM Mobile Application Users and Group Administration
To help organize and manage the permission model for AEM Apps, the following two groups are available:
- app-admins for App Admins
- app-authors for App Authors
AEM Mobile Application Administrators Group (app-admins group)
Members of the app-admins group can author application content with the same permissions included with app-authors AND in addition are also responsible for:
- Configuring PhoneGap Build and Adobe Mobile Services cloud services in AEM
- Staging, publishing and clearing application Content Sync OTA updates
Permissions determine availability of some user actions in the AEM App Command Center.
You'll notice some options are not available for app-authors that are available for app-admins.
Group configuration - app-admins
- Create a new group called app-admins.
- Add the following groups to your new app-admins group:
- Navigate to the Permissions console and add permissions to administer cloudservices
- (Read, Modify, Create, Delete, Replicate) on /etc/cloudservices/mobileservices
- (Read, Modify, Create, Delete, Replicate) on /etc/cloudservices/phonegap-build
- On the same Permissions console, add permissions to stage, publish and clear app content updates
Package replication is used to publish app updates from author instance to publish instance/var/contentsync access is denied OOTB.Omitting the READ permission can result in empty update packages being built and replicated.
- (Read, Modify, Create, Delete, Replicate) on /etc/packages/mobileapp
- (Read) on /var/contentsync
- Add members to this group as needed
Dashboard Tile Permissions
Dashboard tiles may expose different actions based on the permissions that the user has. The following describes what actions are available for each tile.
In addition to these permissions, an action can also be shown/hidden based on how the current app is configured. For example, there is no point exposing the 'Remote Build' action, if a PhoneGap cloud configuration has not been assigned to the app. These will be listed below under ' Configuration Condition ' sections.
Manage App Tile
The tile currently has no actions that require permissions, however the details page for the application has the following actions:
- Edit for app-author and app-admin (UI Trigger - jcr:write - on /content/phonegap/)
- Download for app-author and app-admin (UI Trigger - on /content/phonegap/)
The image below shows the Download and Edit options for an app: