Configure Your Users and User Groups
Adobe recommends using the SPA Editor for projects that require single page application framework-based client-side rendering (e.g. React). Learn more .
This chapter describes the user roles and how to configure your users and groups to support the authoring and management of your mobile apps.
AEM Mobile Application Users and Group Administration
AEM Mobile Application Administrators Group (app-admins group)
Members of the app-admins group can author application content with the same permissions included with app-authors AND in addition are also responsible for:
- Staging, publishing and clearing application ContentSync OTA updates
Permissions determine availability of some user actions in the AEM App Command Center.
You'll notice some options are not available for app-authors that are available for app-admins.
Group configuration - app-admins
- Create a new group called app-admins.
- Add the following groups to your new app-admins group:
workflow-users are required to remote build with PhoneGap Build service
- Navigate to the Permissions console and add permissions to administer cloudservices
- (Read, Modify, Create, Delete, Replicate) on /etc/cloudservices/mobileservices
- On the same Permissions console, add permissions to stage, publish and clear app content updates;
Package replication is used to publish app updates from author instance to publish instance/var/contentsync access is denied OOTB.Omitting the READ permission can result in empty update packages being built and replicated.
- (Read, Modify, Create, Delete, Replicate) on /etc/packages/mobileapp
- (Read) on /var/contentsync
- Add members to this group as needed
- To Export Content or Upload
- (Read) on /etc/contentsync to to access export templates
- (Read) on /var to for path traversal on reads
- (Read, Write, Modify, Delete) on /var/contentsync to write, read, and cleanup ContentSync cached export content
To understand more on the other two roles and responsibilities for creating an AEM Mobile On-Demand Services App, see the following resources: