What's new in Adobe Experience Manager 6.5 Service Pack 6
Adobe Experience Manager 6.5 service packs provide new features, customer-requested enhancements, and performance, stability, and security improvements at quarterly intervals. The quarterly availability makes it easy to access and adopt new features and innovations.
This article highlights the features included in the latest 6.5 Service Pack, key features included in the previous 6.5 Service Packs , and some of the key releases since Experience Manager 188.8.131.52 release.
Adobe Experience Manager Sites
Availability of Page Move operation in asynchronous mode
Page Move operation is now available in asynchronous mode. In addition to immediate execution, you can also schedule the Page Move operation for later execution.
Invalidate CDN cached content
You can now use the Dynamic Media user interface to invalidate Content Delivery Network (CDN) cached content. As a result, the updated assets are available instantly instead of waiting for the cache to expire. You can invalidate CDN by:
- Creating a CDN invalidation template: Selecting assets and form associated template-based URLs
- Selecting assets and associated presets through asset picker
- Adding complete asset URLs
Selective publishing of assets to Experience Manager and Dynamic Media
You can now choose to selectively publish or unpublish assets to either Experience Manager or Dynamic Media using Quick Publish or Manage Publication wizard. You can also set the Publish or Unpublish mode at folder level.
Adobe Experience Manager Assets
- Enhanced user interface focus during keyboard navigation , for example focus on:
- x icon in Version Preview dialog of an asset in Timeline.
- Actionable user interface options.
- Email field on the Share Link dialog, and field to add closed user group in Permission tab of folder Properties.
- Enhanced functionality using keyboard keysUsers can use keyboard keys to drag controls in Metadata Schema Form editor in browse mode of screen reader.
- Enhanced usability for screen reader users , due to the following:
- Screen readers announce the purpose of video and audio players.
- Screen readers announce the purpose of the user interface options to remove the tags selected using Tags selection dialog on asset Properties.
- Screen readers announce the row headers and row items of tables, so users know which entries belong to the same row.
- Descriptive and meaningful page title of search page.
- Screen readers announce the options in search filter panel as expandable accordions.
Other enhancements in Assets
- User groups associated with folders (private and non-private) are now removed from the repository on deletion of those folders . However, existing redundant, orphaned, unused, and autogenerated user groups can be cleaned up from the repository using JMX.
Adobe Experience Manager Forms
Prefill an adaptive form at the client
When you prefill an adaptive form, the Experience Manager Forms server merges data with an adaptive form and delivers the filled form to you. By default, the data merge action takes place at the server. You can now configure the Experience Manager Forms server to perform the data merge action at the client instead of the server. It significantly reduces the time required to prefill and render adaptive forms.
Form data model integration with RESTful APIs on a server with two-way SSL implementation
Experience Manager Forms form data model can now integrate with RESTful APIs on a server that has a two-way SSL implemented on it .
Added support for Adobe Sign Text Tags in Automated Forms Conversion Service
If an AcroForm includes Adobe Sign Text Tags, those fields are now recognized and represented as Adobe Sign fields in the adaptive form converted using Automated Forms Conversion service. A signer can fill such fields while signing the adaptive form.
Support to convert colored PDF forms to adaptive forms
You can use Automated Forms Conversion service to convert colored PDF forms to adaptive forms.
Support for SMB 2 and SMB 3 protocols
Experience Manager Forms now supports SMB 2 and SMB 3 protocols.
Enhanced caching for translated adaptive form pages
You can now specify locale as a selector in the adaptive form URL instead of an argument in adaptive form URL . It helps cache translated adaptive forms on Experience Manager Dispatcher. Caching translated adaptive form was not possible in previous versions. For detailed information about configuring caching for using locale as a selector in the adaptive form URL, see Configure adaptive form cache at dispatcher .
Save output of form data model service to a variable
Form data model allows you to save output of a form data model service to a variable. Experience Manager Forms now automatically maps the type of the form data model service to the type of variable.
Attach multiple files for File Attachment component
You can now attach multiple files to the File Attachment component of adaptive forms.
Key features in previous Experience Manager 6.5 Service Packs
Experience Manager Sites
Accessibility improvements (184.108.40.206)
- Improved error reporting by adding text information.
- Improved user interface focus during keyboard navigation.
- Improved contrast ratio for various user interface elements.
- Improved consistency of alt attributes for page images.
- Improved consistency of Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA) labels.
- Improved Non-Visual Desktop Access (NVDA) capabilities.
- Improved screen reader support.
Other key enhancements (220.127.116.11)
- Anonymous access to CRXDE Lite is disallowed to enhance security. Instead, the users are directed to the login screen. See Developing with CRXDE Lite .
- When copying or pasting a page tree, you now have the option of either pasting the root page or pasting the root page with the subpages of the tree.
- Adobe Experience Manager Experience Fragments exported to Adobe Target workspaces now appear as unique offer types and offer sources in Target.
- Multi Site Manager - The Publish trigger now deletes a component from the published page if a component is deleted from the source page.
- Multi Site Manager - When the name of a local component in a Live Copy is identical to the name of a component in the blueprint and the component is rolled out from the blueprint, then the term _msm_moved is now added to the name of the local component.
Style System enhancements (18.104.22.168)
You can now select styles within the component dialog using the enhanced Style System.
Performance improvements in various areas (22.214.171.124)
- Reduced the time to load and initialize ContextHub within a site ( contexthub.kernel.js ). It results in faster page loads during a site visit.
- Reduced the time to refresh a page after dragging Experience Fragments to Sites Page Editor.
- Shortened the load time for entries on a Sites page with more than 200 live copies in Live Copy Overview .
- Improved handling of incomplete or invalid URLs. Such URLs can slow the Template Editor.
Adobe Experience Manager Assets
Accessibility enhancements in Assets (126.96.36.199)
Experience Manager Assets is now more accessible in compliance with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). The accessibility has improved because of the following enhancements:
- Many user interface elements, controls, pages, and dialogs are screen reader friendly.
- Many user interface elements, controls, and input form fields are accessible using keyboard.
- Color and contrast of some user interface elements are updated so that users with limited vision or users without perception of color can distinguish these user interface elements. For example, the color of star rating icons (such as in Rating section of Advanced tab in asset Properties or in card view) is changed for appropriate contrast.
Enhanced exception handling (188.8.131.52)
Assets user interface flow has better exception handling. If an asset does not have a type for its dimension, the observed exception is recorded in the log files.
Support for 3D assets in Dynamic Media (184.108.40.206)
Support for 3D images in Dynamic Media enables customers to publish and add 3D content to web pages and applications. The support includes:
- Publish common 3D asset formats and generate an asset URL that can be used in web pages and other applications.
- A 3D Web Viewer, powered by Adobe Dimension, to interactively view the published 3D assets.
- Publish and view common 3D assets on Experience Manager Sites pages using the Sites WCM component.
Configure Experience Manager Assets with Brand Portal (220.127.116.11)
The authorization channel between Experience Manager Assets and Brand Portal is changed. Earlier, Brand Portal was configured in Classic UI via Legacy OAuth Gateway, which uses the JWT token exchange to obtain an IMS Access token for authorization. Experience Manager Assets is now configured with Brand Portal through Adobe I/O, which procures an IMS token for authorization of your Brand Portal tenant.
The steps to configure Experience Manager Assets with Brand Portal are different depending on your Experience Manager version, and whether you are configuring for the first time, or upgrading the existing configurations. See Configure Experience Manager Assets with Brand Portal for details.
Accessibility enhancements (18.104.22.168)
Experience Manager Assets includes the following accessibility enhancements:
- Arrow keys on keyboard can be used to move and pan areas within zoomed images. For more information, see preview assets using keyboard keys only .
- The mixed state checkboxes (in which unless you select all the nested predicates the first-level checkboxes are not selected and are stricken through) in Filters panel are readable by screen readers.
- Date and time format constraints are provided in field labels of date fields, to enable the users to enter the date in correct format using keyboard. For example, On Time (MM-DD-YYYY HH:mm) . Here MM is month in two-digit format, YYYY is year, DD is day in two-digit format, HH is hour in 24-hour military format, and mm is minute.
- Screen readers now announce the X symbol to remove the selected tags along with the number of the selected tags.
Sortable column for Created date of assets in list view (22.214.171.124)
A new sortable column for created date of assets is added in DAM list view and on asset search results in list view.
Visual search for Adobe Experience Manager Assets (126.96.36.199)
Assets users can search visually similar images. Experience Manager displays the smart tagged images from the DAM repository that are similar to a user-selected image. See Visual search .
Smart Imaging for Dynamic Media
Smart imaging uses each user's unique viewing characteristics to automatically serve the right images optimized for their experience, resulting in better performance and engagement. Smart imaging works with your existing image presets and uses intelligence at the last millisecond of delivery to further reduce image file size based on browser or network connection speed. See Smart Imaging .
Smart crop in video profiles for Dynamic Media (188.8.131.52)
Smart crop for video–an optional feature available in Video Profiles– is a tool that uses the power of artificial intelligence in Adobe Sensei to automatically detect and crop the focal point in any adaptive video or progressive video that you have uploaded, regardless of size. See About using smart crop in video profiles .
Experience Manager Forms
Customize the Adobe Experience Manager Inbox columns (184.108.40.206)
You can customize an Experience Manager Inbox to change the default title of a column, reorder the position of a column, and display additional columns based on the data of a workflow. Members of administrators or workflow-administrators group can customize the columns. For more information, see Admin Control .
Save Interactive Communications as a draft (220.127.116.11)
You can use the Agent UI to save one or more drafts for each Interactive Communication and retrieve the draft later to continue working on it. You can specify a different name for each draft to identify it. For more information, see Save Interactive Communications as a draft .
Oracle WebLogic application server support (18.104.22.168)
Adobe Experience Manager Forms has added support for Oracle WebLogic 12 for Adobe Experience Manager Forms on JEE. You can upgrade from a previous version or set up a new Experience Manager 6.5 Forms on JEE server on Oracle WebLogic 22.214.171.124 and later. Later corresponds to the minor version changes, where x in 12.2.1.x is replaced with a version number.
Accessibility improvements (126.96.36.199)
Adobe Experience Manager Forms includes the following accessibility enhancements:
- When a user previews an adaptive form as an HTML form, the Scribble Signature field retains the tab focus.
- The error messages displayed on submitting an adaptive form now contain the aria-describedBy attribute. The attribute is attached to the fields referred in the error message. The aria-describedby attribute indicates IDs of the elements that describe the object. It helps establish a relationship between widgets or groups and text that described them.
- If an adaptive form has some mandatory fields, the mandatory attribute is set to True for such fields in ARIA accessibility schema.
X-509 certificate-based authentication for SOAP-based web services in form data model (188.8.131.52)
Form data model now supports X-509 certificate-based authentication while using SOAP web services as the data source. For more information, see Configure SOAP web services .
Other key improvements (184.108.40.206)
- Experience Manager 6.5 Forms on JEE Document Security is now based on Apache Struts 2.
- Added support for Oracle Real Applications Cluster (RAC) 19c.
Generate printable output in Experience Manager Forms workflows (220.127.116.11)
The Generate Printable Output workflow step enables you to integrate a source template file with a data file. This integration enables you to print or save different copies of the template file. The step generates a PCL, PostScript, ZPL, IPL, TPCL, or DPL output. For more information on this feature, see Forms-centric workflow on OSGi - Step Reference .
Multi-column support for adaptive forms and interactive communications in Layout mode (18.104.22.168)
You can now define the number of columns for a panel in adaptive forms and interactive communications. Switch to layout mode to use the new multi-column option. For more information, see Use Layout mode to resize components .
Experience Manager Inbox customizations (22.214.171.124)
The new Admin Control option enables the administrators to:
- Customize header text and logo.
- Control the display of navigation links available in the header.
The Admin Control option is visible only to the members of the administrators or workflow-administrators group. For more information on this feature, see Your Inbox .
Rich text support in HTML5 forms (126.96.36.199)
Convert a text field in an XFA form to a rich text field in an HTML5 form. For more information, see Designing form templates for HTML5 forms .
Accessibility enhancements (188.8.131.52)
Experience Manager Forms includes the following accessibility enhancements:
- Screen readers announce checkboxes, links, Date Picker, and Date Input fields correctly in an adaptive form.
- Each page of an adaptive form now includes one title and one main landmark label.
Configure the out-of-office settings for Inbox items of an Experience Manager Forms user (184.108.40.206)
If you plan to be out of the office, you can specify what happens to items that are assigned to you for that period. You have the option of specifying a start date and time and an end date and time for your out-of-office settings to be in effect. You can set a default person to whom all of your items are sent. See Configure Out of Office settings .
Generate multiple interactive communications using Batch API for Experience Manager Forms (220.127.116.11)
You can use the Batch API to produce multiple interactive communications from a template. The template is an interactive communication without any data. The Batch API combines data with a template to produce an interactive communication. The API is useful in the mass production of interactive communications. For example, telephone bills, credit card statements for multiple customers. See Generate multiple interactive communications using Batch API .
Key releases since Adobe Experience Manager 6.5 SP5
Between June 04, 2020 and September 03, 2020, Adobe released the following, in addition to the service packs and cumulative fix packs:
- Software Distribution portal is available to download Experience Manager service packs, cumulative fix packs, hot fixes, and feature packs.