Adobe Experience Manager 6.5 Service Pack Release Notes
Adobe Experience Manager 6.5
Service Pack Release
September 03, 2020
What's included in Adobe Experience Manager 22.214.171.124
Adobe Experience Manager 126.96.36.199 is an important update that includes new features, key customer requested enhancements, and performance, stability, and security improvements, that are released since the general availability of 6.5 release in April 2019 . It can be installed on top of Adobe Experience Manager 6.5.
The key features and enhancements introduced in Adobe Experience Manager 188.8.131.52 includes:
- Publishing the asset contribution folders from Brand Portal to Experience Manager Assets is now supported through proxy server as well.
- The auto-generated groups of private folder are now cleaned up on deletion of the private folder in Experience Manager Assets.
- The descriptions of modifiers in video Viewer preset editor has been updated in Dynamic Media.
- A new company setting is provided to reflect the status of Dynamic Media connector.
- The default options for test and aiprocess are updated to Thumbnail , from Rasterize previously in Dynamic Media, to ensure that users need to create only thumbnail and skip the page extraction and keyword extraction.
- Prefill an adaptive form at the client.
- Form data model integration with RESTful APIs on a server with two-way SSL implementation.
- Enhanced caching for translated adaptive form pages.
- Support for Adobe Sign Text Tags in Automated Forms Conversion Service.
- Support to convert colored forms to adaptive forms using Automated Forms Conversion service.
- Support for SMB 2 and SMB 3 protocols.
- The built-in repository (Apache Jackrabbit Oak) is updated to version 1.22.4.
For a complete list of features and enhancements introduced in Experience Manager 184.108.40.206, see What's new in Adobe Experience Manager 6.5 Service Pack 6 .
The following is the list of fixes provided in Experience Manager 220.127.116.11 release.
- In Sites or Screens, select a Project and click Management Publications. Users cannot advance in the Manage Publication wizard due to user interface errors. Specifically, the Publish option does not work (NPR-34099).
- The position of iParsys (Inherited Paragraph System) is not reverted to its original default position after deselecting Cancel Inheritance or Disable Inheritance options (NPR-34097).
- If the RolloutConfigManagerFactoryImpl is not able to load a rollout config, it does not attempt to load the missing configs. It returns the cached configurations (NPR-34092).
- In Text core component, after using source HTML edit option, the class from em tag is removed (NPR-34081).
- After upgrading from Experience Manager 6.3.3 to Experience Manager 6.5.3, the roll-out process takes much longer and the rollout fails with a timeout error (NPR-34049).
- The htmlwriter doesn't encode back the attribute values. The markup that is present in the XF markup is exported with decoded attribute values (namely " instead of " ). It causes issues on the Target side with Visual Experience Composer that uses the XF exported (NPR-34048).
- When moving pages in Experience Manager Sites, enhance the logging to capture the version creation failure with reason (NPR-34014).
- In Rich Text Editor if all text is removed then the paragraph tag gets removed as well (NPR-33976).
- When the siteadmin page (in Classic UI) is opened or refreshed, the options in the New menu are disabled (NPR-33949).
- A Content Fragment cannot be used as a TemplatedResource as it fails in ContentFragmentUsePojo (NPR-33911).
- Synchronous and asynchronous move operations can lead to errors due to concurrent transfers. Page move operations are restricted to synchronous move only. It prevents concurrent move of pages (NPR-33875).
- When multiple pages or assets are selected to create versions, the new version is created only for the last selected page or asset (NPR-33866).
- Move a blueprint page with live copies to another folder. When moving it to the original folder, the move operation fails without any error (NPR-33864).
- When move action is used to rename a web page in the Sites Console, it displays two overlapped dialogs at the last step of the wizard (NPR-33831).
- The cq:acLinks and cq:acUUID properties for Adobe Campaign on the copy are removed during copy and paste operation (NPR-33794).
- When attempting a rollout on a child page of a detached parent live copy, Experience Manager generates a null pointer exception (NPR-33676).
- The RTE components in a layout container are not visible when the layout container is copied and pasted again on the page. The RTE components are not editable but are displayed upon a page refresh (NPR-33662).
- When resizing a layout component for different breakpoints (medium and large), the layout does not behave as expected (NPR-33608).
- In inline editing mode in RTE, dragging an image does not work for Text component (NPR-33602).
- It is possible to create a component in a blueprint page with the same name as the page name. During rollout, _msm_moved is suffixed to rename the component. The component is moved to the end of the Paragraph System (NPR-33535).
- When offTime or onTime is set on many pages or assets, it is resource-intensive and slows the system during startup and shutdown (NPR-33482).
- A user with CRUD permissions on /content/experience-fragment is not able to delete a folder (NPR-33436).
- You can select HTML & JSON as the option for Adobe Target export format on a parent folder in Experience Fragments section. The same properties are displayed in Touch-enabled UI for the subfolders of this parent folder. However, in CRXDE, for cq:adobeTargetExportFormat , it displays just HTML instead of displaying html,json (NPR-33423).
- Publish or Unpublish from a Page Alias is not supported. Remove the option that seems to claim otherwise (NPR-33415).
- A specific tag can be moved from one location to another in Experience Manager. It can also be applied to different pages before and after moving. When editing the properties of the pages, the tag is not displayed for editing even though the tag is the same (NPR-33353).
- A page template does not render properly when a layout container is deleted from a template that contains multiple layout containers (NPR-33347).
- In the template editor, try to delete a template that is used by more than 100000 pages under /content/ . An error is displayed without any error message (NPR-33312).
- Redirection to Experience Manager page with anchor does not work on Author instance as PageRedirectServlets puts query string after a URL fragment or an anchor (NPR-34288).
- Creating a brand under /content/campaign results in a structure that does not allow to create campaigns. Create Brand option leaves the newly created brand without ability to create Offers and Activities as there is no Create option (NPR-34113).
- You can suspend the Live Copy of a page and inheritance are broken in as seen in the Editor mode. In the page properties, the icon representing inheritance incorrectly indicates that the inheritance exists and is not broken (NPR-34017).
- Pages with many references cannot be moved asynchronously and sometimes the move operation fails (CQ-4297969).
- A web page with / character in the URL becomes unresponsive while authoring. When a component is added while authoring, the CPU usage increases and browser stops responding (CQ-4295749).
- In the browse mode, NVDA does not narrate a value selected from Type/Size menu option. The visual focus is not on the selected element. User who rely on a screen reader cannot use the browse mode (CQ-4294993).
- When creating a web page, users can select Content Page template. In the Social Media tab, users select a Preferred XF variation. To select an Experience Fragment in NVDA browse mode, users cannot use keyboard keys (CQ-4292669).
- Updated the handlebars library to the more secure v4.7.3 (NPR-34484).
Accessibility enhancements in Experience Manager Assets
- Using the keyboard keys, users can now access and focus on the interactive user interface options in References list of assets (NPR-34115).
- Screen reader now announces the intended action of the predicates on search page (NPR-34104).
- Search page and search result page now have more informative titles for better understanding of screen reader users (NPR-34093).
- Screen readers now announce the options to delete the selected tags in Basic tab of asset Properties page (NPR-33972).
- The elements in each row in list view are now announced as the elements of the same row by screen readers (NPR-33932).
- User focus when navigating using Tab key now moves to the close option in version preview (NPR-33863).
- User focus now moves to search icon after Omnisearch is closed (NPR-33705).
- The actionable user interface options now have more prominent visual focus with enhanced contrast when navigated using keyboard keys. The keyboard users can identify the focused areas (NPR-33542).
- The drag functionality using keyboard now works in Metadata Schema Editor in browse mode of screen reader (CQ-4296326).
- In the link sharing dialog, when navigating in browse mode, a screen reader,
- Does not narrate the table information as soon as the dialog is loaded.
- Can navigate to all the listed auto-suggestions.
- Narrates the displayed auto-suggestions for the Add Email Address/Search (CQ-4294232).
- Use of the Esc key to remove the quick action icons from card view no longer removes keyboard focus from the last focused item (CQ-4293554).
- For interactive options on the user interface, screen reader now announces their purpose rather than the literal names of the icons (CQ-4272943).
- Keyboard focus now successfully moves to Flyout, InlineZoom, Shoppable_Banner, Zoom_dark, Zoom_light, ZoomVertical_dark, and ZoomVertical_light options when navigating using keyboard Tab key in asset details Viewers in Dynamic Media (CQ-4290605).
- Save & Close option on asset Properties page can now be accessed using keyboard keys (NPR-34107).
- Error messages due to incorrect user name and password combinations on login page are now announced by screen readers each time the error occurs (NPR-33722).
- In Experience Manager header section, when navigating in browse mode, screen reader now announces,
Figure: Search for Help in Help menu.
- Auto-edited suggestions in Type to search in Omnisearch.
- The state as expanded or collapsed for Solutions, Help, Inbox, and User options.
- The Searching Help status message that is displayed when user enters a search string in Search for Help field under Help option.
Figure: Impersonate as field in User menu in header.
- The error message if incorrect value is entered in Impersonate as field under User option and focus correctly moves to the text field (NPR-33804).
- User can now change focus using the keyboard within:
- Search/Add Email Address field in the Link Sharing dialog.
- Add User or Group field under Closed User Group in the Permissions tab of folder Properties (NPR-34452).
Issues fixed in Experience Manager Assets
Adobe Experience Manager 18.104.22.168 Assets provides fixes to the following issues:
- Annotations are not highlighted when selected from the asset's timeline (CQ-4302422).
- Preview of marketing collateral assets (such as Brochure, Flyer, and Business card) created using Adobe InDesign template does not display line breaks and paragraph breaks (NPR-34268).
- Text extraction and hence the full-text search for the uploaded PDF files does not work (NPR-34164). To fix it, restart the sAdobe Experience Manager deployment after installing Service Pack 6.
- Timeline of multi-page assets displays annotations applied to all the sub assets when browsing the asset in Timeline view, instead of displaying the annotations specific to the specific sub assets (NPR-34100).
- Deselecting or removing the applied tags or filters in Omnisearch executes the search query multiple times, which leads to increase in the search time (NPR-34078).
- In card view when a workflow (on an asset in a folder) is in progress or pending, the page reloads until the workflow is complete or terminated. Therefore, authors cannot work on those assets in the folder for which they have to scroll down (NPR-33986).
- If user moves a published asset to a new location, then the asset gets republished even if Republish option is deselected. This leads to many orphaned assets lying on the publish instance. The default behavior, however, is that move operation on a published asset automatically unpublishes it; this asset is republished if author selects the Republish option when moving the asset (NPR-33934).
- The Move Assets page for assets in collections does not load all the HTML content, such as Adjust/ Republish option. Therefore, users cannot complete the move operation (NPR-33860).
- Moving an asset and adding special characters in the name and title of the moved assets creates an extra folder (with the same name) at the new location of the asset (NPR-33826).
- Download button for an asset gets disabled when Email option is selected on the Download dialog (NPR-33730).
- The error ‘Request-URI too long’ is observed on performing bulk operations on assets, such as bulk metadata editing (NPR-33723).
- The static renditions of assets are not updated when asset is updated using Open option in desktop app or Adobe Asset Link and are synced back to Adobe Experience Manager (CQ-4296279).
- In column view the move operation on a set of assets also moves those assets which were selected before using Filter option for them. Note that use of Filter option deselects the previous selection (NPR-34018).
- Backslashes are added before special characters in search suggestions of assets, which have special characters in their name (NPR-33834).
- When creating rules for dropdown in Folder Metadata Schema Form, user cannot select values from Field Choices column (CQ-4297530).
- The run-time copy of assets custom workflow model (created in /var/workflow/models/dam ) is deleted when you install Experience Manager 6.5 Service Pack 5 or a previous version on Experience Manager 6.5 (NPR-34532). To retrieve the run-time copy, sync the design-time copy of the workflow model with the run-time copy using HTTP API: <designModelPath>/jcr:content.generate.json .
Issues fixed in Dynamic Media
- If user defines the encoding settings in edits after creating the video profile, then the smart crop settings are removed from video profiles (CQ-4299177).
- Assets flicker on page load when user toggles between side rail options (for example, Overview, Timeline, Viewers) on asset details page (NPR-34235).
- Following issues are observed with reprocess job:
- Job ID is missing in job handle returned by reprocess job.
- Reprocess job for video logs only filename and not full path.
- Reprocess job does not have option to set the asset type as static.
- ExcludeFromAVS option is not provided (CQ-4298401).
- The Smart Crop functionality fails with error when image profile is added to a folder having multiple (for example, 11) aspect ratios (NPR-34082).
- DAM update assets workflow is triggered when user scrolls down on Workflow Archive page on Workflow tab within Tools in Adobe Experience Manager configured with Dynamic Media Scene7 (CQ-4299727).
- Symbols in Behavior tab of Viewer Preset Editor are not localized (CQ-4299026).
- The main view displays image in incorrect layout that does not fit in viewer, if the viewer is in responsive mode (CQ-4298293).
- Changes to image presets in Adobe Experience Manager do not sync to Scene7 Publishing System (CQ-4299713).
- Links to assets from products are not refactored when assets are moved (NPR-34098).
- Cannot download logs using the Diagnosis tool on an upgraded Experience Manager instance (NPR-34336).
- Upgrade fails with an error due to dependencies on a specific version of the cq-wcm-api foundation package (CQ-4300520).
- The default values for the Connect Timeout and Socket Timeout settings for the Default Agent (publish) configuration are not specified (NPR-33707).
- Updates to the mapping configuration under /etc/map.publish do not reflect on the site pages (NPR-34015).
- API reference documentation does not include the documentation for the com.day.cq.tagging package (CQ-4295864).
- The Offloading Browser interface does not display all job topics (NPR-34308).
- The Configuration Browser interface does not display all configurations (NPR-33644).
- On pressing the Esc key when searching for users to impersonate, the User dialog closes instead of the user list (NPR-34084).
- Activities with long names are not synchronized with Adobe Target (NPR-34254).
- A translation project is not created if the user's authorizableID includes special characters (NPR-33828).
- Health Check and Pattern Detector have overlapping functionality. As a result, Heath check is removed from the product (NPR-33928).
- Foundation Components - When you add a foundation image component to a page and reference an image, the Undo operation does not work (NPR-34516).
- Unable to use the Page Move operation (CQ-4303028).
- Sharing a post on social media is showing an obsolete option Google+ (NPR-33877).
- Community member is unable to modify group template or other Group Function settings (NPR-33530).
- Hyperlink tags on images are not generated properly in a forum post (NPR-33464).
- Accessibility failures are identified in Community Assignment feature (NPR-33442).
- The existing users of a community group added through admin console are removed from the user list on any modification in the community group console (NPR-34315).
Experience Manager Service Pack does not include fixes for Forms. They are delivered using a separate Forms add-on package. In addition, a cumulative installer is released that includes fixes for Experience Manager Forms on JEE. For more information, see Install AEM Forms add-on and Install AEM Forms on JEE .
After installing the Experience Manager Forms 22.214.171.124 add-on package:
- Stop the Experience Manager Forms instance.
- Delete bcpkix-1.51 , bcmail-1.51 , and bcprov-1.51 JAR files from the crx-repository\launchpad\ext directory.
- Delete sling.bootdelegation.class.org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider property from the sling.properties file.
- Restart the Experience Manager Forms instance.
- When there is a missing adaptive form fragment, the adaptive form fails to render (NPR-34302).
- Help content description for an adaptive form fields display a paragraph HTML tag (NPR-34116).
- When you select the Revalidate on Server property, the adaptive form fails to submit (NPR-33876).
- The Submit to REST endpoint submit action does not work for an adaptive form (CQ-4299044).
- Accessibility: When you try to submit an adaptive form without uploading an attachment for a mandatory field, the focus does not shift to the attachment field automatically (CQ-4298065).
- When you add rows to a table of an adaptive form, the Add to top and Add to bottom options does not display appropriate results (CQ-4297511).
- The Value Commit script is triggered incorrectly, which results in data loss in an adaptive form (CQ-4296874).
- Date Picker does not work correctly for localized adaptive forms (NPR-34333).
- When there is an underscore or space in the filename, you are unable to attach the file to an adaptive form (CQ-4301001).
- When a nested repeatable panel has more occurrences than its parent, all the occurrences of such the nested repeatable panel fail to prefill (NPR-33666).
- Adaptive forms have some open resource resolvers. These lead to submission failures. The issue occurs intermittently (CQ-4299407).
- When you open the field configuration for the first time, the properties icon does not display (CQ-4296284).
- When a workflow approver uploads an attachment, the attachment is renamed to undefined (NPR-33699).
- Experience Manager Workflow Purge operation fails and displays the following error message (NPR-33575):java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: The query read more than 500000 nodes in memory
- Experience Manager Forms app for Windows stops responding after submitting a form (NPR-34409).
- When you install AEM Service Pack, the To Do list of items does not display as links. The text for the To Do items include HTML tags (NPR-34317).
- When you include a text document fragment with nested repeatable components, the Interactive Communication fails to save (NPR-34095).
- When you modify a text document fragment that includes data dictionary values, the Agent UI stops responding (NPR-33930).
- Copy-pasting content from a Microsoft Word document to a text document fragment in a letter results in formatting issues (NPR-33536).
- When you generate a PDF file from an XDP file using Output and Forms services, it results in missing and overlapping text (NPR-34237, CQ-4299331).
- When you convert an HTML file to PDF, the MaxReuseCount attribute is not configurable (NPR-33470).
- When you download a PDF file that includes Reader Extensions interactive features, you cannot add an attachment to the PDF file using Adobe Reader (NPR-33729).
- Unable to execute the Sign operation with HSM-based certificates in a PDF file after installing Experience Manager Service Pack (NPR-34310).
- Unable to open XForms in Designer version 6.5.x (CQ-4295322).
- When you open Designer, the Welcome screen displays an incorrect year (CQ-4295289).
- When you install Acrobat DC on the server, the Distribute Form option is inactive (CQ-4296304).
For information on security updates, see Experience Manager security bulletins page .
- AEM 126.96.36.199 requires AEM 6.5. See upgrade documentation for detailed instructions.
- The service pack download is available on Adobe Software Distribution .
- On a deployment with MongoDB and multiple instances, install AEM 188.8.131.52 on one of the Author instances using the Package Manager.
- Before installing, take a snapshot or a fresh backup of your AEM instance.
- Restart the instance before installation. While that is only needed when the instance is still in update mode (and this is the case when the instance was updated from an earlier version), it is recommended if the instance was running for longer period.
Adobe does not recommend removing or uninstalling the Adobe Experience Manager 184.108.40.206 package.
Install the Service Pack
Perform the following steps to install the Service Pack on an existing Adobe Experience Manager 6.5 instance:
- Download the service pack from Software Distribution .
- Open Package Manager and click Upload Package to upload the package. To know how to use it, see Package Manager .
- Select the package and click Install .
Due to a known issue, an updated Service Pack package is available. It is recommended to install the package.
Dialog on Package Manager UI sometimes exits during the installation of the service pack. Adobe recommends that you wait for error logs to stabilize before accessing the deployment. Wait for the specific logs related to the uninstall of the updater bundle before being assured that the installations is successful. Typically, this happens on Safari but can intermittently happen on any browser.
There are two ways to automatically install Adobe Experience Manager 220.127.116.11 on a working instance:
A. Place the package into ../crx-quickstart/install folder when the server is available online. The package is automatically installed.
B. Use the HTTP API from Package Manager . Use cmd=install&recursive=true so that the nested packages are installed.
Adobe Experience Manager 18.104.22.168 does not support Bootstrap installation.
- The product information page ( /system/console/productinfo ) displays the updated version string Adobe Experience Manager (22.214.171.124) under Installed Products.
- All OSGi bundles are either ACTIVE or FRAGMENT in the OSGi Console (Use Web Console: /system/console/bundles ).
- The OSGi bundle org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-core is version 1.22.3 or later (Use Web Console: /system/console/bundles ).
To know the platforms certified to work with this release, see the technical requirements .
Install Adobe Experience Manager Forms add-on package
Skip if you are not using AEM Forms. Fixes in Adobe Experience Manager Forms are delivered through a separate add-on package.
Install Adobe Experience Manager Forms on JEE
Skip if you are not using AEM Forms on JEE. Fixes in Adobe Experience Manager Forms on JEE are delivered through a separate installer.
For information about installing the cumulative installer for Experience Manager Forms on JEE and post-deployment configuration, see the release notes for patch 0018 .
The UberJar for Experience Manager 126.96.36.199 is available in the Maven Central repository .
To use UberJar in a Maven project, see how to use UberJar and include the following dependency in your project POM:
<dependency> <groupId>com.adobe.aem</groupId> <artifactId>uber-jar</artifactId> <version>6.5.6-1.0</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency>
This release onwards, UberJar and other related artifacts are available on Maven Central Repository instead of Adobe Public Maven repository (repo.adobe.com). The main UberJar file is renamed to uber-jar-<version>.jar . As a result, there is no classifier , with apis as the value, for the dependency tag.
This section lists features and capabilities that have been marked as deprecated with Experience Manager 188.8.131.52. Features that are planned to be removed in a future release are set to deprecated first, with an alternate option to use.
Customers are advised to review if they make use of the feature or capability in their current deployment, and make plans to change their implementation to use the alternate option.
The AEM Cloud Services Opt-In screen is deprecated. With the AEM and Target integration updated in AEM 6.5 to support the Target Standard API, which uses authentication via Adobe IMS and I/O, and the growing role of Adobe Launch for instrumenting AEM pages for analytics and personalization, the Opt-In wizard has become functionally irrelevant.
Configure system connections, Adobe IMS authentication, and Adobe I/O integrations via the respective AEM cloud services.
The Adobe JCR Connector for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and Microsoft SharePoint 2013 is deprecated for AEM 6.5.
- If the security health check does not work and the system displays the following error message: message: Could not verify users and could not test system account logins. Perform the following steps to resolve the issue:
- Go to https://< hostname >:< port >/system/console/configMgr.
- Search for hc.impl .
- In Service Mappings, click + and specify com.adobe.granite.repository.hc.impl=[user-reader-service] .
- Click Save to save the configuration.
- If you install Experience Manager 6.5 Service Pack 5 or a previous service pack on Experience Manager 6.5, the run-time copy of your assets custom workflow model (created in /var/workflow/models/dam ) is deleted. To retrieve your run-time copy, Adobe suggests to sync the design time copy of the custom workflow model with its run-time copy using the HTTP API: <designModelPath>/jcr:content.generate.json .
- Contact Adobe Support if you encounter issues when editing and creating cascading rules in Folder Metadata Schema Forms Editor and Metadata Schema Forms Editor using Define Rule dialog. Note that the rules that are already created and saved are working as expected.
- If a folder in the hierarchy is renamed in Experience Manager Assets and the nested folder containing an asset is published to Brand Portal, the title of the folder is not updated in Brand Portal until the root folder is published again.
- When a user selects to configure a field for the first time in an adaptive form, the option to save a configuration does not display in Properties Browser. Selecting to configure some other field of the adaptive form in the same editor resolves the issue.
- If Connected assets configuration wizard returns a 404 error message after installation, manually reinstall the cq-remotedam-client-ui-content and cq-remotedam-client-ui-components packages using the Package Manager.
- The following errors and warning messages may display during installation of AEM 6.5.x.x:
- “When the Target integration is configured in AEM using the Target Standard API (IMS authentication), then exporting Experience Fragments to Target results in wrong offer types getting created. Instead of type “Experience Fragment”/source “Adobe Experience Manager,” Target creates several offers with type “HTML”/source “Adobe Target Classic.”
- com.adobe.granite.maintenance.impl.TaskScheduler : No maintenance windows found at granite/operations/maintenance.
- Adaptive Form server-side validation fails when aggregate functions such as SUM, MAX, and MIN are used. CQ-4274424
- com.adobe.granite.maintenance.impl.TaskScheduler - No maintenance windows found at granite/operations/maintenance.
- Hotspot in a Dynamic Media interactive image is not visible when previewing the asset through Shoppable Banner viewer.
These sites are only available to customers. If you are a customer and need access, contact your Adobe account manager.