Apply image presets or dynamic renditions
Like a macro, an image preset is a predefined collection of sizing and formatting commands saved under a name. Image presets enable AEM Assets Brand Portal to dynamically deliver images of different sizes, formats, and properties.
An image preset is used to generate dynamic renditions of images that can be previewed and downloaded. When previewing images and their renditions, you can choose a preset to reformat images to the specifications set by your Administrator.
( If AEM author instance is running on Dynamic Media Hybrid mode ) To view dynamic renditions of an asset in Brand Portal, ensure that its Pyramid tiff rendition exists at the AEM author instance from where you publish to Brand Portal. When you publish the asset, its PTIFF rendition is also published to Brand Portal.
When downloading images and their renditions, there is no option to choose from the existing presets. Instead, you can specify the properties of a custom image preset. For more information, see Apply image presets when downloading images .
For more information about the parameters required while creating image presets, see Managing Image Presets .
Create an image preset
The AEM administrators can create image presets that appear as dynamic renditions on the asset detail page. You can create an image preset from scratch or save an existing one with a new name. When creating an image preset, choose a size for image delivery and the formatting commands. When an image is delivered for viewing, its appearance is optimized according to the chosen commands.
Dynamic renditions of an image are created using its Pyramid TIFF. If the Pyramid TIFF is not available for any asset, dynamic renditions for that asset cannot be fetched in Brand portal.
If AEM author instance is running on Dynamic Media Hybrid mode , then Pyramid TIFF renditions of image assets are created and saved in AEM repository.
Whereas, if AEM author instance is running on Dynamic Media Scene 7 mode , then Pyramid TIFF renditions of image assets exist on Scene 7 server.
When such assets are published to brand portal, image presets are applied and dynamic renditions are displayed.
- From the AEM toolbar at the top, click the Adobe logo to access administrative tools.
- From the administrative tools panel, click Image Presets .
- In the image presets page, click Create .
- In the Edit Image Preset page, enter values into the Basic and Advanced tabs as appropriate, including a name. The options are outlined in Image Preset options . Presets appear in the left pane and can be used on-the-fly with other assets.You can also use the Edit Image Preset page to edit the properties of an existing image preset. To edit an image preset, select it from the image presets page, and click Edit .
- Click Save . The image preset is created and displayed on the image presets page.
- To delete an image preset, select it from the image presets page and click Delete . In the confirmation page, click Delete to confirm the deletion. The image preset is removed from the image presets page.
Apply image presets when previewing images
When previewing images and their renditions, choose from the existing presets to reformat images to the specifications set by your Administrator.
- From the Brand Portal interface, click an image to open it.
- Click the overlay icon on the left, and choose Renditions .
- From the Renditions list, select the appropriate dynamic rendition, for example, Thumbnail . The preview image is rendered based on your choice of the rendition.
Apply image presets when downloading images
When downloading images and their renditions from Brand Portal, you cannot choose from the existing image presets. However, you can customize image preset properties based on which you want to reformat images.
- From the Brand Portal interface, do one of the following:
- Hover the pointer over the image you want to download. From the quick action thumbnails available, click the Download icon.
- Select the image you want to download. From the toolbar at the top, click the Download icon.
- From the Download dialog box, select the required options depending upon whether you want to download the asset with or without its renditions.
- To download dynamic renditions of the asset, select the Dynamic Rendition(s) option.
- Customize image preset properties based on which you want to dynamically reformat the image and its renditions during download. Specify the size, format, color space, resolution, and image modifier.
- Click Download . The custom dynamic renditions are downloaded in a ZIP file along with the image and renditions that you chose to download. However, no zip file is created if a single asset is downloaded, which ensures speedy download.