Configure Asset Sourcing
AEM administrators can configure
Asset Sourcingfrom within the AEM author instance. The administrator enables the Asset Sourcing feature flag configuration from
AEM Web Console Configurationand uploads the active Brand Portal users list in
The following video demonstrates, how to Configure Asset Sourcing on your AEM author instance:
Enable Asset Sourcing
AEM administrators can enable Asset Sourcing from within the AEM Web Console Configuration (a.k.a Configuration Manager).
To enable Asset Sourcing:
- Login to your AEM author instance and open Configuration Manager Default URL: http:// localhost:4502/system/console/configMgr
- Search using the keywordAsset Sourcingto locateAsset Sourcing Feature Flag Config
- ClickAsset Sourcing Feature Flag Configto open the configuration window
- Enable checkboxfeature.flag.active.status
Upload Brand Portal users list
AEM administrators can upload the Brand Portal user configuration (.csv) file containing active Brand Portal user list in AEM Assets. A contribution folder can only be shared with the active Brand Portal users defined in the user list. Administrator can also add new users in the configuration file and upload the modified user list.
The format of the CSV file is same as what is supported by Admin Console for bulk user import. Email, first name, and last name are mandatory.
Administrator can add new users in AEM Admin Console, see Manage Users for detailed information. After adding users in Admin Console, these users can be added to the Brand Portal user configuration file and then assigned permission to access the contribution folder.
To upload Brand Portal users list:
- Login to your AEM author instance Default URL: http:// localhost:4502/aem/start.html
- FromToolspanel, navigate toAssets > Brand Portal Users
- Brand Portal Upload Contributors window opens. Browse from your local machine and uploadconfiguration (.csv) filecontaining the active Brand Portal users list.
Administrators can provide access to specific users/groups from this user list while configuring the contribution folder.
For more information, see Configure contribution folder .