Configure contribution folder properties
AEM administrator performs the following activities while configuring the properties of a contribution folder.
- Add description : Provide a high-level description of the contribution folder.
- Upload brief : Upload Asset Requirement document containing asset related information.
- Add contributors : Add Brand Portal users or groups to grant them access to the contribution folder.
Asset requirement refers to the details provided by administrators to help contributors (Brand Portal users) understand the need and requirements of the contribution folder. Administrator uploads an asset requirement document which contains a brief about the type of assets that should be added to the contribution folder and asset related information, for example, purpose, type of images, max size, etc.
Administrator can then grant Brand Portal users/groups access to the contribution folder before publishing the newly created Contribution folder to Brand Portal.
To configure contribution folder properties:
- Log in to your AEM author instance Default URL: http:// localhost:4502/aem/start.html
- Navigate to Assets > Files and locate the contribution folder.
- Select contribution folder and click Properties . Folder properties window opens.
- Navigate to Asset Contribution tab.
- Enter high-level Description of the contribution folder.
- Click Upload Brief to browse from your local machine and upload an Asset Requirement Document .
- In the Add User or Group field, add Brand Portal users with whom you want to share the contribution folder. Added users can access and upload content to the contribution folder using the Brand Portal interface. Currently, you cannot add groups to a contribution folder.
- Click Save .
The search results are based on the Brand Portal user list configured in AEM Assets. Make sure you have the updated Brand Portal user list. See, Upload Brand Portal user list .