Create contribution folder
AEM administrators and non-admin users having permission to create a new folder, can create a contribution folder in AEM Assets. To create a contribution folder, create a new folder of type Asset Contribution, ensuring the new folder created is open to asset submission by Brand Portal users. This automatically triggers a workflow which creates two additional sub folders, called SHARED and NEW, within the contribution folder.
You can create multiple contribution folders within a folder but you must not not create a contribution folder inside another contribution folder.
To create a contribution folder:
- Log in to your AEM author instance.The default URL is http:// localhost:4502/aem/start.html.
- Navigate to Assets > Files . It lists all the existing folders in the AEM Assets repository.
- Click Create to create a new folder. Create Folder dialog opens.
- Enter Title and Name of the folder and select the Asset Contribution check box. It is recommended to use lowercase letters without any space to name the folder.
- Click Create . You can see the contribution folder listed in the AEM Assets repository.A non-admin user can create and share an asset contribution folder but cannot modify or delete it.
- Click to open the contribution folder, you can see two sub folders– SHARED and NEW are automatically created within the contribution folder.
You can now configure the contribution folder properties .