Adobe Experience Manager Assets Brand Portal enhances the download experience by allowing the users to simultaneously download multiple assets and folders accessible to them from Brand Portal. This way, approved brand assets can be securely distributed for offline use. Read on to know how to download approved assets from Brand Portal, and what to expect from the download performance .
Install IBM Aspera Connect 3.9.9 in your browser’s extension before downloading the assets from Brand Portal.
Configure asset download
The download configuration allows the Brand Portal administrators to define the set of renditions available to the Brand Portal users for downloading the assets. The administrator can configure the asset
Downloadsettings from the Brand Portal interface.
The available configurations are:
- Fast DownloadEnables high-speed download of the assets. To know more, see guide to accelerate downloads from Brand Portal .
- Custom RenditionsDownload custom and (or) dynamic renditions of the assets. All the asset renditions other than the original asset and system-generated renditions are called as custom renditions. It includes static as well as dynamic renditions available for the asset. Any user can create a custom static rendition in AEM Assets, whereas, only the AEM administrator can create custom dynamic renditions. To know more, see how to apply image presets or dynamic renditions
- System RenditionsDownload system-generated renditions of the assets. These are the thumbnails which are automatically generated in AEM Assets based on the "DAM update asset" workflow.
Log in to your Brand Portal tenant as an administrator and navigate to
Download. By default, the
Fast Downloadconfiguration is enabled in the
The administrators can enable any combination to configure the asset download process.
Based on the configuration, the download workflow remains constant for stand-alone assets, multiple assets, folders containing assets, licensed or unlicensed assets, and downloading assets using share link.
- If bothCustom RenditionsandSystem Renditionsconfigurations are turned-off, the original renditions of the assets are downloaded without any additional dialog being presented to the users.
- If any of theCustom RenditionsorSystem Renditionsconfiguration is enabled, an additionalDownloaddialog box appears wherein you can choose whether to download the original asset along with its renditions, or download only specific renditions.
Steps to download assets
Following are the steps to download assets or folders containing assets from Brand Portal:
- From the Brand Portal interface, do one of the following:
- Select the folders or assets you want to download. From the toolbar at the top, click theDownloadicon.
- To download a specific asset or folder, hover the pointer over the asset or folder and click theDownloadicon available in the quick action thumbnails.If you are downloading the assets for the first time and do not have IBM Aspera Connect installed in your browser, it will prompt you to install the Aspera download accelerator.If the assets you are downloading also include licensed assets, you are redirected to theCopyright Managementpage. In this page, select the assets, clickAgree, and then clickDownload. If you choose to disagree, licensed assets are not downloaded.If any of theCustom RenditionsorSystem Renditionsconfiguration is enabled in theDownload Settings, theDownloaddialog appears with theAsset(s)check box selected by default. If theFast Downloadconfiguration is enabled, theEnable download accelerationcheck box is selected by default.If the downloading assets are image files, and you select only theAsset(s)check box in theDownloaddialog but are not authorized by the administrator to have access to the original renditions of image files then no image files are downloaded and a notification appears, stating that you have been restricted by the administrator to access original renditions.
- To download the renditions in addition to the original assets, select theRendition(s)check box. However, if you want to download the system-generated renditions along with the custom renditions, clear theExclude System Renditionscheck box.
- To download only the renditions, clear theAsset(s)check box.By default, only the assets are downloaded. However, original renditions of image files are not downloaded if you are not authorized by the administrator to have access to the original renditions of image files .
- To share the selected assets with other users through a link, select theThe download link on email notification expires after 45 days.The administrators can customize email messages, that is, logo, description, and footer, using the Branding feature.
- You can select a predefined image preset or create a custom dynamic rendition from theDownloaddialog box.To apply a custom image preset to the asset and its renditions , select theDynamic Rendition(s)check box. Specify the image preset properties (such as size, format, color space, resolution, and image modifier) to apply the custom image preset while downloading the asset and its renditions. To download only the dynamic renditions, clear theAsset(s)check box.Brand Portal supports configuring Dynamic Media in both - Hybird and Scene 7 mode.(If AEM author instance is running on) To preview or download dynamic renditions of an asset, ensure that the dynamic media is enabled and the asset's Pyramid tiff rendition exists at the AEM Assets author instance from where the assets have been published. When an asset is published to Brand Portal, its Pyramid tiff rendition is also published.Dynamic Media Hybrid mode
- To preserve the Brand Portal folder hierarchy while downloading assets, select theCreate separate folder for each assetcheck box. By default, the Brand Portal folder hierarchy is ignored and all the assets are downloaded in one folder in your local system.
- ClickDownload.The assets (and renditions if selected) are downloaded as a zip file to your local folder. However, no zip file is created if a single asset is downloaded without any of the renditions.If you are not authorized by the administrator to have access to the original renditions , the original renditions of the selected assets are not downloaded.Assets that are individually downloaded are visible in the assets download report. However, if a folder containing assets is downloaded, the folder and assets are not displayed in the assets download report.
Expected download performance
File download experience may vary for users at different client locations, depending on factors such as local Internet connectivity and server latency. The expected download performance for 2-GB file observed at different client locations is as follows, with Brand Portal server at Oregon in United States:
Latency between client and server
Expected download speed
Time taken to download a 2-GB file
US West (N. California)
US West (Oregon)
US East (N. Virginia)
Cited data are observed under test conditions, which may vary for users at different locations witnessing varied latency and bandwidth.