Get an insight into the new features, enhancements, critical issues fixed, and known issues in the Adobe Experience Manager Assets Brand Portal 6.4.6 release.
Adobe Experience Manager Assets Brand Portal
Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Assets Brand Portal helps you easily acquire, control, and securely distribute approved creative assets to external parties and internal business users across devices. It helps improve the efficiency of asset sharing, accelerates the time-to-market for assets, and reduces the risk of non-compliance and unauthorized access. Brand Portal allows users to browse, search, preview, download, and export assets in corporate-approved formats—anytime, anywhere.
What's New in 6.4.6
This release includes the following new features:
- Brand Portal is now supported with AEM Assets cloud service. You can configure AEM Assets could service with Brand Portal to share and distribute assets with the Brand Portal users. For more information, see Configure AEM Assets cloud service with Brand Portal .
This release of Brand Portal includes the following enhancements:
- In AEM 6.3 and above, the authorization channel between AEM Assets and Brand Portal is changed. AEM Assets is now configured with Brand Portal through Adobe I/O, which procures an IMS token for authorization of your Brand Portal tenant.Configuration via Legacy OAuth is no longer supported from April 6, 2020, and is changed to configuring via Adobe I/O.
For existing customers only
It is recommended to continue using existing legacy OAuth Gateway configuration. In case you encounter problems with legacy OAuth Gateway configuration, delete the existing configuration and create a new configuration via Adobe I/O.
For more information, see Configure AEM Assets with Brand Portal
Critical Issues Fixed
This release includes fixes to the following critical issues:
- Metadata schema drop-down values are not visible in asset properties.
- Metadata subschema do not display tabs based on mimetype in asset properties.
- Unpublish metadata schema populates an error message although the schema is removed at backend.
- Preview image do not display for a published asset.
- User is unable to publish or unpublish assets containing single quote in the name.
- Terms and conditions do not display while downloading multiple assets.
- Minor security vulnerabilities addressed.
This release includes the following known issues:
- Brand Portal users are not able to publish contribution folder assets to AEM Assets on upgrading to Adobe I/O on AEM 6.5.4.This issue will be fixed in the next service pack 6.5.5.For immediate fix on AEM 6.5.4, it is recommended to download the hotfix and install on your author instance.
- Exclude System Renditions option is not working properly while downloading an asset.
The Brand Portal user interface is available in following languages:
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Simplified Chinese
To ascertain which platforms are certified to run with this release of Brand Portal, refer to the
Support for Touch-optimized UIcolumn in the table in the
Supported Browsers for Authoring User Interfacesection of Technical Requirements .