Share collections on Brand Portal
AEM Assets Brand Portal Administrators can share and unshare a collection or a smart collection with authorized users. Editors can view and share only the collections created by them, shared with them, and public collections. However, editors cannot change a public collection to a non-public collection.
Editors cannot change a public collection to a non-public collection and, therefore, do not have
Public Collectioncheckbox available in
Share a collection
To share a collection, follow these steps:
- Click the overlay icon on the left, and chooseNavigation.
- From the siderail on the left, clickCollections.
- From theCollectionsconsole, do one of the following:
- Hover the pointer over the collection you want to share. From the quick action thumbnails available for the collection, click theSettingsicon.
- Select the collection you want to share. From the toolbar at the top, clickSettings.
- In the Collection Settings dialog box, select the users or groups with whom you want to share the collection and select the role for a user or a group to match their global role. For example, assign the Editor role to a global editor, the Viewer role to a global viewer.Alternatively, to make the collection available to all users irrespective of their group membership and role, make it public by selecting thePublic Collectioncheck-box.However, non-admin users can be restricted from creating public collections, to avoid having numerous public collections so that system space can be saved. Organizations can disable theAllow public collections creationconfiguration from General settings available in admin tools panel.Editors cannot change a public collection to a non-public collection and, therefore, do not havePublic Collectioncheck-box available inCollection Settingsdialog.
- SelectAdd, and thenSave. The collection is shared with the chosen users.A user's role governs access to the assets and folders inside a collection. If a user does not have access to assets, an empty collection is shared with the user. Also, a user's role governs the actions available for collections.
Unshare a collection
To unshare a previously shared collection, do the following:
- From theCollectionsconsole, select the collection you want to unshare.In the toolbar, clickSettings.
- On theCollection Settingsdialog box, underMembers, click thexsymbol next to users or groups to remove them from the list of users you shared the collection with.
- In the warning message box, clickConfirmto confirm unshare.ClickSave.
- Log in to Brand Portal with the credentials of the user you removed from the shared list. The collection is removed from theCollectionsconsole.