Share collections on Brand Portal
AEM Assets Brand Portal Administrators can share and unshare a collection or a smart collection with authorized users. Editors can view and share only the collections created by them, shared with them, and public collections. However, editors cannot change a public collection to a non-public collection.
Editors cannot change a public collection to a non-public collection and, therefore, do not have Public Collection checkbox available in Collection Settings dialog.
Share a collection
To share a collection, follow these steps:
- Click the overlay icon on the left, and choose Navigation .
- From the siderail on the left, click Collections .
- From the Collections console, do one of the following:
- Hover the pointer over the collection you want to share. From the quick action thumbnails available for the collection, click the Settings icon.
- Select the collection you want to share. From the toolbar at the top, click Settings .
- In the Collection Settings dialog box, select the users or groups with whom you want to share the collection and select the role for a user or a group to match their global role. For example, assign the Editor role to a global editor, the Viewer role to a global viewer.Alternatively, to make the collection available to all users irrespective of their group membership and role, make it public by selecting the Public Collection check-box.However, non-admin users can be restricted from creating public collections, to avoid having numerous public collections so that system space can be saved. Organizations can disable the Allow public collections creation configuration from General settings available in admin tools panel.Editors cannot change a public collection to a non-public collection and, therefore, do not have Public Collection check-box available in Collection Settings dialog.
- Select Add , and then Save . The collection is shared with the chosen users.A user's role governs access to the assets and folders inside a collection. If a user does not have access to assets, an empty collection is shared with the user. Also, a user's role governs the actions available for collections.
Unshare a collection
To unshare a previously shared collection, do the following:
- From the Collections console, select the collection you want to unshare.In the toolbar, click Settings .
- On the Collection Settings dialog box, under Members , click the x symbol next to users or groups to remove them from the list of users you shared the collection with.
- In the warning message box, click Confirm to confirm unshare.Click Save .
- Log in to Brand Portal with the credentials of the user you removed from the shared list. The collection is removed from the Collections console.