Configure AEM Assets as a Cloud Service with Brand Portal
Configuring Adobe Experience Manager Assets Brand Portal allows you to publish approved brand assets from Adobe Experience Manager Assets as a Cloud Service instance to Brand Portal and distribute them to the Brand Portal users.
AEM Assets as a Cloud Service is configured with Brand Portal via Adobe Developer Console, which procures an Adobe Identity Management Services (IMS) account token for authorization of the Brand Portal tenant. It requires configurations in both, AEM Assets as well as Adobe Developer Console.
- In AEM Assets, create an IMS account and generate a public key (certificate).
- In Adobe Developer Console, create a project for your Brand Portal tenant (organization).
- Under the project, configure an API using the public key to create a service account connection.
- Get the service account credentials and JSON Web Token (JWT) payload information.
- In AEM Assets, configure the IMS account using the service account credentials and JWT payload.
- In AEM Assets, configure the Brand Portal cloud service using the IMS account and Brand Portal endpoint (organization URL).
- Test your configuration by publishing an asset from AEM Assets to Brand Portal.
An AEM Assets as a Cloud Service instance shall only be configured with one Brand Portal tenant.
You require the following to configure AEM Assets with Brand Portal:
- An up and running AEM Assets as a Cloud Service instance
- A Brand Portal tenant URL
- A user with system administrator privileges on the IMS organization of the Brand Portal tenant
Perform the following steps in the specified sequence to configure AEM Assets with Brand Portal.
Obtain public certificate
The public key (certificate) authenticates your profile on Adobe Developer Console.
- Log in to AEM Assets.
- From the Tools panel, navigate to Security > Adobe IMS Configurations .
- In Adobe IMS Configurations page, click Create . It will redirect to the Adobe IMS Technical Account Configuration page. By default, the Certificate tab opens.
- Select Adobe Brand Portal in the Cloud Solution dropdown list.
- Select the Create new certificate check box and specify an alias for the public key. The alias serves as name of the public key.
- Click Create certificate . Then, click OK to generate the public key.
- Click the Download Public Key icon and save the public key (.crt) file on your machine.The public key will be used later to configure API for your Brand Portal tenant and generate service account credentials in Adobe Developer Console.
- Click Next .In the Account tab, Adobe IMS account is created which requires the service account credentials that are generated in Adobe Developer Console. Keep this page open for now.Open a new tab and create a service account (JWT) connection in Adobe Developer Console to get the credentials and JWT payload for configuring the IMS account.
Create service account (JWT) connection
In Adobe Developer Console, projects and APIs are configured at Brand Portal tenant (organization) level. Configuring an API creates a service account (JWT) connection. There are two methods to configure API, by generating a key pair (private and public keys) or by uploading a public key. To configure AEM Assets with Brand Portal, you must generate a public key (certificate) in AEM Assets and create credentials in Adobe Developer Console by uploading the public key. These credentials are required to configure the IMS account in AEM Assets. Once the IMS account is configured, you can configure the Brand Portal cloud service in AEM Assets.
Perform the following steps to generate the service account credentials and JWT payload:
- Log in to Adobe Developer Console with system administrator privileges on the IMS organization (Brand Portal tenant). The default URL is https://www.adobe.com/go/devs_console_ui .Ensure that you have selected the correct IMS organization (Brand Portal tenant) from the dropdown (organization) list located at the upper-right corner.
- Click Create new project . A blank project with a system-generated name is created for your organization.Click Edit project to update the Project Title and Description , and click Save .
- In the Project overview tab, click Add API .
- In the Add an API window , select AEM Brand Portal and click Next .Ensure that you have access to the AEM Brand Portal service.
- In the Configure API window, click Upload your public key . Then, click Select a File and upload the public key (.crt file) that you have downloaded in the obtain public certificate section.Click Next .
- Verify the public key and click Next .
- Select Assets Brand Portal as the default product profile and click Save configured API .
- Once the API is configured, you are redirected to the API overview page. From the left navigation under Credentials , click on the Service Account (JWT) option.You can view the credentials and perform actions such as generate JWT tokens, copy credential details, retrieve client secret, and so on.
- From the Client Credentials tab, copy the client ID .Click Retrieve Client Secret and copy the client secret .
- Navigate to the Generate JWT tab and copy the JWT Payload information.
You can now use the client ID (API key), client secret, and JWT payload to configure the IMS account in AEM Assets.
Configure IMS account
Ensure that you have performed the following steps:
Perform the following steps to configure the IMS account.
- Open the IMS Configuration and navigate to the Account tab. You kept the page open while obtaining the public certificate .
- Specify a Title for the IMS account.In the Authorization Server field, specify the URL: https://ims-na1.adobelogin.com/Specify client ID in the API key field, Client Secret , and Payload (JWT payload) that you have copied while creating the service account (JWT) connection .Click Create .The IMS account is configured.
- Select the IMS account configuration and click Check Health .Click Check in the dialog box. On successful configuration, a message appears that the Token is retrieved successfully .
You must have only one IMS configuration.
Ensure that the IMS configuration passes the health check. If the configuration does not pass the health check, it is invalid. You must delete it and create a new, valid configuration.
Configure cloud service
Perform the following steps to configure the Brand Portal cloud service:
- Log in to AEM Assets.
- From the Tools panel, navigate to Cloud Services > AEM Brand Portal .
- In the Brand Portal Configurations page, click Create .
- Specify a Title for the configuration.Select the IMS configuration that you created while configuring the IMS account .In the Service URL field, specify your Brand Portal tenant (organization) URL.
- Click Save & Close . The cloud configuration is created.Your AEM Assets as a Cloud Service instance is now configured with the Brand Portal tenant.
Perform the following steps to validate the configuration:
- Log in to AEM Assets.
- From the Tools panel, navigate to Deployment > Distribution .A Brand Portal distribution agent ( bpdistributionagent0 ) is created under Publish to Brand Portal .
- Click Publish to Brand Portal to open the distribution agent.You can see the distribution queues under the Status tab.A distribution agent contains two queues:
It is recommended to review the failures and clear the error-queue periodically.
- processing-queue : for the distribution of assets to Brand Portal.
- error-queue : for the assets where distribution has failed.
- To verify the connection between AEM Assets as a Cloud Service and Brand Portal, click on the Test Connection icon.A message appears that your test package is successfully delivered .Avoid disabling the distribution agent, as it can cause the distribution of the assets (running-in-queue) to fail.
You can now:
See Brand Portal documentation for more information.
You can monitor the distribution agent logs for the asset publishing workflow.
For example, we have published an asset from AEM Assets to Brand Portal to validate the configuration.
- Follow the steps (from 1 to 4) as shown in the Test Configuration section and navigate to the distribution agent page.
- Click Logs to view the processing and error logs.
The distribution agent has generated the following logs:
- INFO: This is a system-generated log that triggers on successful configuration of the distribution agent.
- DSTRQ1 (Request 1): Triggers on test connection.
On publishing the asset, the following request and response logs are generated:
Distribution agent request :
- DSTRQ2 (Request 2): The asset publishing request is triggered.
- DSTRQ3 (Request 3): The system triggers another request to publish the AEM Assets folder (in which the asset exists) and replicates the folder in Brand Portal.
Distribution agent response :
- queue-bpdistributionagent0 (DSTRQ2): The asset is published to Brand Portal.
- queue-bpdistributionagent0 (DSTRQ3): The system replicates the AEM Assets folder (containing the asset) in Brand Portal.
In the above example, an additional request and response is triggered. The system could not find the parent folder (Add Path) in Brand Portal because the asset was published for the first time, therefore, it triggered an additional request to create a parent folder with the same name in Brand Portal where the asset is published.
Additional request is generated in case the parent folder does not exist in Brand Portal or has been modified in AEM Assets.