Applying Dynamic Media Image Presets
Image Presets enable assets to dynamically deliver images at different sizes, in different formats, or with other image properties there are generated dynamically. You can choose a preset when you export images, which also reformats images to the specifications that your administrator has specified.
In addition, you can choose an image preset that is responsive (designated by the RESS button after you select it).
This section describes how to use image presets. Administrators can create and configure image presets .
Smart imaging works with your existing image presets and uses intelligence at the last millisecond of delivery to further reduce image file size based on browser or network connection speed. See Smart Imaging for more information.
You can apply an image preset to an image anytime you preview it.
To apply Dynamic Media Image Presets
- Open the asset and in the left rail, tap the drop-down menu, then tap Renditions .
- Static renditions appear in the top half ofthepane. Dynamic renditions appear in the lower half. With dynamic renditions only, you can use the URL to display the image. The URL button only appears if you select a dynamic rendition. The RESS button only appears if you select a responsive image preset.
- The system shows numerous renditions when you select Renditions in an asset's Detail view. You can increase the number of presets seen. See Increasing the number of image presets that display .
- Do any of the following:
If the asset and the image preset are not yet published, the URL button (or URL and RESS buttons, if applicable) are not available.Note also that image presets are automatically published on a Dynamic Media S7 server.
- Select a dynamic rendition to preview the image preset.
- Tap URL , Embed , or RESS to display the pop-up.