Manage video assets
Video format is a critical part of digital assets of an organization. Adobe Experience Manager offers mature offerings and features to manage the entire lifecycle of your video assets after their creation.
Learn how to manage and edit the video assets in Adobe Experience Manager Assets. Video encoding and transcoding, for example, FFmpeg transcoding, is possible using Processing Profiles and using Dynamic Media integration. Without Dynamic Media license, Experience Manager provides basic support for videos, such as transcoding using FFmpeg, extraction of preview thumbnails for the supported file formats, and preview in the user interface for formats that are supported for playback in the browser directly.
Upload and preview video assets
Adobe Experience Manager Assets generates previews for video assets with the extension MP4. You can preview the renditions in the Assets user interface.
- In the digital assets folder or subfolders, navigate to the location where you want to add digital assets.
- To upload the asset, click Create from the toolbar and choose Files . Alternatively, drag a file on the user interface. See upload assets for details.
- To preview a video in the card view, click the Play option on the video asset. You can pause or play video in the card view only. The Play and Pause options are not available in the list view.
- To preview the video in the asset details page, select Edit on the card. The video plays in the native video player of the browser. You can play, pause, control the volume, and zoom the video to full screen.
Publish video assets
After publishing, you can include the video assets in a web page as a URL or directly embed the assets. For details, see publish Dynamic Media assets .
Transcode using Processing Profile
Experience Manager as a Cloud Service lets you do basic transcoding of MP4 video files using Processing Profiles. The functionality allows you to not just upload but also preview and scale a MP4 video file.
Figure: A Processing Profile for video transcoding in Experience Manager.
If you provide only width or only height and leave the other field blank, the renditions maintain the aspect ratio. Currently, only h264 codec is available for transcoding.
To process assets using a processing profile, add a profile to a folder. See use processing profiles to process assets .
Annotate video assets
- From the Assets console, select Edit on the asset card to display the asset details page.
- To play the video, click Preview .
- To annotate the video, click Annotate . An annotation is added at the particular time (frame) in the video. When annotating, you can draw on the canvas and include a comment with the drawing. Comments are auto-saved. To exit the annotation wizard, click Close .
- Seek to a specific point in the video, specify the time in seconds in the text field and click Jump . For example, to skip the first 20 seconds of video, enter 20 in the text field.
- To view it in the timeline, click an annotation. To delete the annotation from the timeline, click Delete .
Best practices and limitations
- Without Dynamic Media license, you can only process MP4 files using processing profiles.
- For basic transcoding using