The Components Console allows you to browse through all components defined for your instance and view key information for each component.
It can be accessed from Tools -> General -> Components . Because there is no tree structure for components, only list view is available.
The Components Console shows all components in the system. The Component Browser shows components that are available to authors and hides any component groups that begin with a period ( . ).
With the Content Only icon (top left) you can open the Search panel to search and/or filter the components:
To view details about a specific component tap/click on the required resource. Three tabs provide:
- PropertiesOn the Properties tab you can:
Because /apps is not editable at runtime, the Components Console is read-only.
- View the general properties of the component.
- View how the icon or abbreviation has been defined for the component.
- Clicking the source of the icon will take you to that component.
- View the Resource Type and Resource Super Type (if defined) for the component.
- Clicking the Resource Super Type will take you to that component.
- Live UsageDue to the nature of the information being collected for this view, it can take a while to be collated/displayed.
- DocumentationIf the developer has provided documentation for the component, it will appear on the Documentation tab. If there is no documentation available, the Documentation tab will not be shown.