Use the Rich Text Editor to author content
The Rich Text Editor (RTE) is a basic building block to add textual content to Adobe Experience Manager. Also, many other components that allow authoring are based on RTE. Experience Manager developers can customize RTE and administrators configure RTE for use by authors.
Selecting a text-based component with a single click to reveal the component toolbar .
Clicking again or initially selecting the component with a slow double-click opens in-place editing. The editing mode contains a toolbar. You can edit the content and make basic formatting changes.
Typically, the toolbar provides the following options:
- Format : Emphasize text as bold or italic or underline the text.
- Lists : Create bulleted or numbered lists and set the indentation.
- Hyperlink : Create links.
- Unlink : Remove hyperlink.
- Full Screen : Open the editor in full-screen mode.
- Close : Stop editing.
- Save : Save changes.
For text-based components, click the full-screen mode from the toolbar to open the rich text editor and hides the rest of the page content.
Full screen mode displays all the configured options that you can use for authoring. The availability of options depends on the configuration.
Further rich text editor options include:
- Anchor : Create an anchor in the text that you can later link to or create a reference to.
- Align Text Left .
- Center Text .
- Align Text Right .
Click minimize to close the full-screen mode.