Content Fragment Component
The Core Component Content Fragment component allows for the display of a content fragment .
Prior to release 2.4.0 of the Core Components, the Content Fragment component was available as an extension to the core components and had to be separately downloaded and explicitly enabled.
The Core Component Content Fragment Component allows for the inclusion of a content fragment on a page.
Version and Compatibility
The current version of the Content Fragment Component is v1, which was introduced with release 1.1.0 of the Core Components in October 2017, and is described in this document.
The following table details all supported versions of the component, the AEM versions with which the versions of the component is compatible, and links to documentation for previous versions.
AEM as a Cloud Service
Prior to release 2.4.0, the Content Fragment component was located in the extensions folder.
From 2.4.0 it has been moved to the following location.
Although both are v1, any Content Fragment component that was used from the extensions folder will require a migration of its related proxy components to use the new resource type when upgrading to release 2.4.0 or higher of the Core Components.
For more information about Core Component versions and releases, see the document Core Components Versions .
Sample Component Output
The configure dialog allows the content author to define the which content fragment and the elements of that fragment to be included.
- Content Fragment
- Path to the desired content fragment
- TheSelection Dialogcan be used to locate the fragment
- Display Mode
- Single Text Element- Enables selection of one multiline text element and enables paragraph control options
- Multiple Elements- Allows selection of one or more elements of the selected content fragment
- Element- The element or elements of the content fragment to include
- Variation- Which variation of the content fragment to use (defaults toMaster)
- All- Display all paragraphs
- Specify ranges of paragraphs which should be displayed, separated by a semicolon
- For instance1;3-5;7;9-*to include the 1st, the 3rd to 5th, the 7th, and the 9th to the final paragraphs
- ID- This option allows to control the unique identifier of the component in the HTML and in the Data Layer .
- If left blank, a unique ID is automatically generated for you and can be found by inspecting the resulting page.
- If an ID is specified, it is the responsibility of the author to make sure that it is unique.
- Changing the ID can have an impact on CSS, JS and Data Layer tracking.
Paragraph Control Tab
This tab is not available when
Multiple Elementsmode is selected.
- Paragraphs- Allow selection of all paragraphs or a range
- Handle heading as their own paragraphs
The design dialog allows the template author to define the resource types used to handle mixed-media images and responsive grids.
- Internal responsive grid
- The Sling resource type that is used for the internal responsive grid