Form Button Component
The Core Component Form Button Component allows for the inclusion of a button to trigger an action on a page.
Version and Compatibility
The current version of the Form Button Component is v2, which was introduced with release 2.0.0 of the Core Components in January 2018, and is described in this document.
The following table details all supported versions of the component, the AEM versions with which the versions of the component is compatible, and links to documentation for previous versions.
AEM as a Cloud Service
For more information about Core Component versions and releases, see the document Core Components Versions .
Sample Component Output
To experience the Form Button Component as well as see examples of its configuration options as well as HTML and JSON output, visit the Component Library .
The configure dialog allows the content author to define the parameters of the button.
- Title - The text displayed on the button
- If none provided it defaults to the button type
- Name - The name of the button, which is submitted with the form data
- Value - The value of the button, which is submitted with the form data
- ID - This option allows to control the unique identifier of the component in the HTML and in the Data Layer .
- If left blank, a unique ID is automatically generated for you and can be found by inspecting the resulting page.
- If an ID is specified, it is the responsibility of the author to make sure that it is unique.
- Changing the ID can have an impact on CSS, JS and Data Layer tracking.
The Form Button Component supports the AEM Style System .