Form Hidden Component
The Core Component Form Hidden component allows for the display of a hidden field.
Version and Compatibility
The current version of the Form Hidden Component is v2, which was introduced with release 2.0.0 of the Core Components in January 2018, and is described in this document.
The following table details all supported versions of the component, the AEM versions with which the versions of the component is compatible, and links to documentation for previous versions.
AEM as a Cloud Service
For more information about Core Component versions and releases, see the document Core Components Versions .
Sample Component Output
To experience the Form Hidden Component as well as see examples of its configuration options as well as HTML and JSON output, visit the Component Library .
The configure dialog allows the content author to define the parameters of the hidden field.
- Name- The name of the field, which is submitted with the form data
- Value- The value of the field, which is submitted with the form data
- ID- This option allows to control the unique identifier of the component in the HTML and in the Data Layer .
- If left blank, a unique ID is automatically generated for you and can be found by inspecting the resulting page.
- If an ID is specified, it is the responsibility of the author to make sure that it is unique.
- Changing the ID can have an impact on CSS, JS and Data Layer tracking.
Because the Form Hidden component normally has no visible attributes, the component's placeholder in the editor displays the
Valuefield values if they are assigned in order to help the author identify the appropriate Form Hidden component.