Form Options Component
The Core Component Form Options component allows for the selection from pre-defined options in various formats.
The Core Component Form Options component allows for the submission of different types of options presented in many different ways and is intended to be used along with the Form Container component .
The presentation of the options, labels, and individual options can be defined by the content editor in the configure dialog .
Version and Compatibility
The current version of the Form Options Component is v2, which was introduced with release 2.0.0 of the Core Components in January 2018, and is described in this document.
The following table details all supported versions of the component, the AEM versions with which the versions of the component is compatible, and links to documentation for previous versions.
AEM as a Cloud Service
For more information about Core Component versions and releases, see the document Core Components Versions .
Sample Component Output
To experience the Form Options Component as well as see examples of its configuration options as well as HTML and JSON output, visit the Component Library .
The configure dialog allows the content author to define the type of options that should be presented, labels, and which options are available.
- Types- How the options will be presented
- Radio buttons
- Multi-select drop-down
- TitleThe title that will be displayed as the label for the options
- NameThe name of the field submitted with the form data
- SourceWhere the options are defined
- LocalDefined within the component
- Tap or click theAddbutton to add a value,Deleteto remove a value
- ValueThe value saved when that option is selected when the form is submitted
- TextThe label for the option displayed on the form
- ActiveThe option is marked as selected when the form loads
- DisabledThe option is not selectable but still displayed
- ListA static list defined elsewhere in AEM is used for the options
- ListThe path of the static list in AEM
- Use the Browse button to locate the list resource
- Data sourceA data source is used for the options
- Data sourceResource type of the data source
- Help messageA hint for the user of what can be entered in the field