Form Text Component
The Core Component Form Text component allows the entry of form text for submission.
Version and Compatibility
The current version of the Form Text Component is v2, which was introduced with release 2.0.0 of the Core Components in January 2018, and is described in this document.
The following table details all supported versions of the component, the AEM versions with which the versions of the component is compatible, and links to documentation for previous versions.
AEM as a Cloud Service
For more information about Core Component versions and releases, see the document Core Components Versions .
Sample Component Output
To experience the Form Text Component as well as see examples of its configuration options as well as HTML and JSON output, visit the Component Library .
The configure dialog allows the content author to define the type of text to be input as well as default values and labels.
- Constraint- The type of text to be input and will be validated against
- Text Area
- Text lines- Number of lines to be displayed in the text area (only displayed whenConstraintis set toText Area)
- Label- The label that will be displayed for the field
- Hide the label from being displayed- Needed if the label is required only for accessibility purposes and does not impart any additional visual information about the field
- Element Name- The name of the field that is submitted with the form data
- Value- Default value that is prepopulated in the field
- ID- This option allows to control the unique identifier of the component in the HTML and in the Data Layer .
- If left blank, a unique ID is automatically generated for you and can be found by inspecting the resulting page.
- If an ID is specified, it is the responsibility of the author to make sure that it is unique.
- Changing the ID can have an impact on CSS, JS and Data Layer tracking.
- Help Message- A hint to the user of what can be entered in the field
- Display help message as placeholder- To display the help message inside the form input when it is empty and not focused
- Constraint Message
- Message displayed as tooltip when submitting the form if the value does not validate the Type chosen
- Not displayed forTextandText Areaconstraint types
- Required- If selected the user must fill in a value before submitting the form
- Required Message- Message displayed as a tooltip if the field is left empty
- Make read only- If selected the user cannot modify the value of the field