Language Navigation Component
The Language Navigation Component provides a language/country navigation for a site, so that visitors can navigate to the same page in a different locale.
Often websites are provided in multiple languages for different regions. The language navigation component allows a visitor to view the same page in different languages/locales.
Version and Compatibility
The current version of the Language Navigation Component is v1, which was introduced with release 2.0.0 of the Core Components in January 2018, and is described in this document.
The following table details all supported versions of the component, the AEM versions with which the versions of the component is compatible, and links to documentation for previous versions.
For more information about Core Component versions and releases, see the document Core Components Versions.
Sample Component Output
To experience the Language Navigation Component as well as see examples of its configuration options as well as HTML and JSON output, visit the Component Library.
The edit dialog allows the definition of the global site navigation root as well as how deep into the structure the navigation should go.
- Navigation Root Defines the root page of the navigation structure.
- Use the Open Selection Dialog button to easily navigate the content structure and select the root.
- Language Structure Depth Depth of the global language structure relative to the navigation root.
Using the design dialog, the template author can set the default values for the same options available in the edit dialog.
- Navigation Root Default value of the navigation root when a content author places the Language Switcher Component on a content page
- Language Structure Depth Default value of the language structure depth when a content author places the Language Switcher Component on a content page
The Language Navigation Component supports the AEM Style System.