The Core Component List Component allows for the easy creation of dynamic as well as static lists.
The List Component can be used to create for example a dynamic list of child pages or a static list of arbitrarily defined items. The type of lists available and formatting options can be defined by the template author in the design dialog . The content editor can select from available list types and how to format the list elements in the edit dialog .
Version and Compatibility
The current version of the List Component is v2, which was introduced with release 2.0.0 of the Core Components in January 2018, and is described in this document.
The following table details all supported versions of the component, the AEM versions with which the versions of the component is compatible, and links to documentation for previous versions.
AEM as a Cloud Service
For more information about Core Component versions and releases, see the document Core Components Versions .
Sample Component Output
To experience the List Component as well as see examples of its configuration options as well as HTML and JSON output, visit the Component Library .
The edit dialog allows the content author to configure the list and the list items.
List Settings Tab
The list can be built in different ways.
Regardless of how the list is built, there are Sort and ID Options that can always be configured.
Depending on how the content author chooses to build the list, the additional configuration options will change.
The list can be built of the child pages of the current page or another page.
- Parent page
- The page whose child pages should make the list
- Leave blank to use the current page
- Child-DepthHow many levels down in the hierarchy should be used
The list can be built using a fixed list of items.
Tap or click the
Addbutton to inset a new item to the list.
- Enter text for the item in the list or use theSelection Dialogto choose an item from AEM.
- Use the drag handle to re-arrange the items in the list.
- Use the trash can icon to delete items in the list.
The list can be built using the results of a search of AEM content.
- Search queryThe string for which a full-text search will be run to generate the list elements
- Search inWhere the search should be run
- Use theSelection Dialogto choose the location in AEM
- Use current page if left blank
Regardless of how you choose to build the list, there are certain sorting options that can always be defined.
- Order byHow the elements should be ordered
- Last modified date
- Sort OrderThe order in which the items should be ordered
- Max ItemsMaximum number of items displayed in list.
- Leave empty to return all items.
- ID- This option allows to control the unique identifier of the component in the HTML and in the Data Layer .
- If left blank, a unique ID is automatically generated for you and can be found by inspecting the resulting page.
- If an ID is specified, it is the responsibility of the author to make sure that it is unique.
- Changing the ID can have an impact on CSS, JS and Data Layer tracking.
Item Settings Tab
Using the Item Settings tab, the formatting of the list elements can be configured.
- Link ItemsLink items to the corresponding page
- Show DescriptionShow descriptions of the link item
- Show DateShow modification date of the link item
The design dialog allows the template author to define what types of lists should be allowed to the content authors as well as the available item settings.
List Settingstab, the date format can be defined as well as what type of lists should be available in the component to the content authors.
- Date FormatFormat to use for the display of the last modification date
- Disable childrenDisable the children list type in the component
- Disable staticDisable the static list type in the component
- Disable searchDisable the search list type in the component
- Disable tagsDisable tags list type in the component
Item Settingstab, the formatting options for the individual list elements that should be available in the component for the content authors can be defined.