The Page Component is an extensible page component designed to work with the template editor and allows page header/footer and structure components to be assembled with the template editor.
The page component forms the basis of all pages designed with the core components as well as editable templates. By using the page component, headers, footers, and the structure of the page can be defined as a template using the other core components.
Version and Compatibility
The current version of the Page Component is v2, which was introduced with release 2.0.0 of the Core Components in January 2018, and is described in this document.
The following table details all supported versions of the component, the AEM versions with which the versions of the component is compatible, and links to documentation for previous versions.
AEM as a Cloud Service
For more information about Core Component versions and releases, see the document Core Components Versions .
Because the component represents the entire page, the design dialog is accessed via
Page Information -> Page Policywhen editing the page template.
In previous versions of AEM,
Page Policywas called
Using the Page Design window, you can define the client libraries to be loaded as well as the web resources library for the page.
- No CSS will be loaded unless the category is also present in theClient Librariesfield.
- Web Resources Client Library- The client library category that is used to serve web resources such as favicons.
- Skip to main content element selector- Used as an accessibility feature to skip directly to the main content of the page
Libraries can be configured for both the
- To add a new field click or tap theAddbutton below the fields.
- To remove a field click or tap the trash can icon next to the field to be removed.
- To rearrange the load order, click or tap and drag the handle next to the field to be moved.
For more information about using client-side libraries see Using Client Side Libraries .
The ability to separately define client libraries for the page head was introduced with core components release 2.2.0.