AEM Project Archetype
The AEM Project Archetype is a Maven template that creates a minimal, best-practices-based Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) project as a starting point for your website.
- Best Practice:Bootstrap your site with all of Adobe's latest recommended practices.
- Low-Code:Edit your templates, create content, deploy your CSS, and your site is ready for go-live.
- Example Code:Checkout the HelloWorld component, and the sample models, servelets, filters, and schedulers.
To generate a project, adjust the following command line to your needs:
mvn -B archetype:generate \ -D archetypeGroupId=com.adobe.granite.archetypes \ -D archetypeArtifactId=aem-project-archetype \ -D archetypeVersion=23 \ -D aemVersion=cloud \ -D appTitle="My Site" \ -D appId="mysite" \ -D groupId="com.mysite" \ -D frontendModule=general \ -D includeExamples=n
- AdjustappTitle="My Site"to define the website title and components groups.
- AdjustappId="mysite"to define the Maven artifactId, the component, config and content folder names, as well as client library names.
- AdjustgroupId="com.mysite"to define the Maven groupId and the Java Source Package.
- Lookup the list of available properties to see if there's more you want to adjust.
Application title, will be used for website title and components groups (e.g.
Technical name, will be used for component, config and content folder names, as well as client library names (e.g.
Base Maven artifact ID (e.g.
Base Maven group ID (e.g.
Java Source Package (e.g.
Project version (e.g.
Includes a dispatcher configuration either for cloud or for AMS/on-premise, depending of the value of
Language and country code to create the content structure from (e.g.
Includes a language-master content structure (can be
Includes a custom 404 response page that will be global to the entire instance (can be
Required for CIF only. Optional endpoint of the commerce system GraphQL service to be used (e.g.
AEM as a Cloud Service
When running on Windows and generating the dispatcher configuration, you should be running in an elevated command prompt or the Windows Subsystem for Linux (see #329 ).
When executing the archetype in interactive mode (without the
-Bparameter), the properties with default values cannot be changed, unless the final confirmation gets dismissed, which then repeats the questions by including the properties with default values in the questions (see ARCHETYPE-308 for details).