Personalization using Visual Experience Composer
In this chapter, we'll explore creating experiences using Visual Experience Composer by dragging and dropping, swapping, and modifying the layout and content of a web page from within Target.
WKND site home page displays local activities or best thing to do around a city in the form of card layouts. As a marketer, you have been assigned the task to modify the home page, by re-arranging the card layouts to see how it affects user engagement and drives conversion.
For this exercise, the following users need to be involved and to perform some tasks you might need administrative access.
- Content Producer/Content Editor (Adobe Experience Manager)
- Marketer (Adobe Target / Optimization Team)
WKND Site Home Page
- The Marketer creates an A/B target activity within Adobe Target.
- From your Adobe Target window, navigate to Activities tab.
- Click Create Activity button and select the activity type as A/B Test
- Select the Web channel and choose the Visual Experience Composer .
- Enter the Activity URL and Click Next to open the Visual Experience Composer.
- For Visual Experience Composer to load, enable Allow Load Unsafe scripts on your browser and reload your page.
- Notice the WKND Site home page open in Visual Experience Composer editor.
- Experience A provides the default WKND Home Page, and let's edit the content layout for Experience B .
- Click on one of the card layout container ( Best Roasters ) and select Rearrange option.
- Click on the container that you would like to rearrange and drag-drop it to the desired location. Let's rearrange the Best Roasters container from 1st row 1st column to 1st row 3rd column. Now the Best Roasters container will be next to Photography Exhibitions container. After Swap
- Similarly, rearrange positions for the other card containers.
- Let's also add a header text beneath the carousel component and above the card layout.
- Click on the carousel container and Select the Inset After > HTML option to add HTML.
<h1 style="text-align:center">Check Out the Hot Spots in Town</h1>
- Click Next to continue with your activity.
- Select the Traffic Allocation Method as manual and allot 100% traffic to Experience B .
- Click Next .
- Provide Goal Metrics for your Activity and Save and Close your A/B Test.
- Provide a name ( WKND Home Page Refresh ) for your Activity and save your changes.
- From the Activity details screen, make sure to Activate your activity.
- Navigate to WKND Home Page (http://localhost:4503/content/wknd/en.html), and you notice the changes we added to the WKND Home Page Refresh A/B Test activity.
- Open your browser console, and inspect the network tab to look for target response for the WKND Home Page Refresh A/B Test activity.
In this chapter, a marketer was able to create an experience using Visual Experience Composer by dragging and dropping, swapping, and modifying the layout and content of a web page without changing any code to run a test.