Test this capability on your system
Download and import this package into AEM This package contains the sample workflow and the html page which allows you create the schema from the uploaded Acroform.
- Open the configuration properties of MergeAcroformData step.
- Click on the Process tab.
- Make sure the arguments you are passing is a valid folder on your server.
- Save the changes.
Create Adaptive Form
- Create an Adaptive Form using the schema created in the earlier step.
- Drag and drop a few schema elements on to the Adaptive Form.
- Configure submit action of the Adaptive Form to submit to AEM workflow (MergeAcroformData).
- Make sure you specify the Data file path as "Data.xml". This is very important as the sample code looks for a file called Data.xml in the workflow payload.
- Preview Adaptive Form, fill in the form and submit.
- You should see PDF with the data merged saved to the folder specified in step 4 under the configure workflow
The pdf generated by merging data with the acroform is saved as pdfdocument.pdf under the workflow's payload folder. This document can then be used for further processing as part of the workflow