Install and Configure Tomcat
In this part, we will install TOMCAT and deploy the sampleRest.war file in TOMCAT. The REST endpoint exposed by this WAR file will be the basis for our Data Source and Form Data Model.
To set up tomcat, please follow the following instructions:
- Download and install JDK1.8.
- Set JAVA_HOME to point to JDK1.8.
- Download tomcat . This war file has been tested with Tomcat version 8.5.x and 9.0.x.
- Download the tomcat version of your preference. You can download the 64-bit windows zip under the core section.
- Unzip the contents to your c:\tomcat.
- You should see something like this in your c drive c:\tomcat\apache-tomcat-8.5.27 depending on the version of your tomcat
- Create an environment variable called "CATALINA_HOME" and set its value to the tomcat install folder example c:\tomcat\apache- tomcat-8.5.27
- Copy the SampleRest.war file into the webapps folder of your Tomcat installation
- Start new command prompt window.
- Navigate to <tomcat install folder>\bin and run the startup.bat
- Once your tomcat has started, test the endpoint exposed by WAR File by clicking here
- You should get sample data as the result of this call.
Congratulations !!!. You have setup tomcat and deployed the SampleRest.war file.