Before diving deep into details of implementing an AEM Screens project, it is recommended you follow specific tutorials and reading materials.
Learning AEM (Adobe Experience Manager)
Before you start working on a Digital Signage project using AEM Screens, Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) knowledge is required and should be completed prior to working on an AEM Screens Project.
Refer to the following tutorials and resources to learn Adobe Experience Manager 6.5:
- Adobe Experience Manager Getting Started : Discover getting started articles and video tutorials for Adobe Experience Manager.
- AEM 6.5 Tutorials and Videos : A collection of tutorials and videos highlighting both new and updated capabilities for AEM Sites, Assets, Forms, Screens, and Foundation with the release of AEM 6.5.
- First Steps for Authors : This section provides an overview of the main tasks that you will be using when starting to author content with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM).
- AEM Core Concepts : An overview of the core concepts of how AEM is structured and how to develop on top of it including understanding the JCR, Sling, OSGi, the dispatcher, workflows, and MSM.
Learning Product Features and Personas in AEM Screens
To learn the basics of an AEM Screens project, refer to the resources below:
- AEM Screens User Guide : Provides a detailed documentation on features and functionalities of varied personas used in an AEM Screens project.
- AEM Screens Implementation Essentials : Provides a guided tutorial highlighting AEM Screens implementation essentials.
- Videos on Digital Signage Network Basics : Provides five basic videos that highlight key elements about A/V, digital signage hardware, signage networks and working with A/V integrators.
- Part 1: Project Roles and Responsibilities : Highlights part 1 of a 5-part series designed to help team members better understand roles, responsibilities and time lines required during the sales and project life cycles for a digital signage project. Covers Project Roles & Responsibilities for Adobe, AEM Implementors and AV Integrators at a high-level.
- Part 2: Considerations as Projects are Scoped : highlights part 2 of a 5-part series designed to help team members better understand pre-sales aspects for developing successful AEM Screens deployments. Covers elements that must be identified during project discovery along with stakeholder input to assess the project and prepare an appropriate design.
- Part 3: Testing, POCs, Pilots & Rollouts : Highlights part 3 of a 5-part series designed to help team members better understand the key terms critical in ensuring a successful solution can be developed in advance of a roll out. Covers actions surrounding hardware lab testing & performance validation, proofs of Concept (also called POCs) and pilot programs.
- Part 4: Project Management and Deployment : Highlights part 4 of a 5-part series designed to cover project management and deployment preparation and define key factors the AV Integrator is accountable for related to project management and deployment preparation. Covers project pre-production, project initiation, and project progression.
- Part 5: Support Considerations : Highlights the concluding part of a 5-part series designed to help team members learn how hardware, software and connectivity issues are addressed. This phase explores cost estimations and frameworks for on-site support. Additionally also explains how SLA parameters, operational budgets, and NOC handoffs are managed.