Business Content Strategy
Typical stakeholder for this activity is a Marketing/Business Strategist.
Content is a major factor in driving engagement, and in pre-sales phase it is important to define a business content strategy that considers how the application will leverage hardware, software, and connectivity resources to successfully deliver the intended value to your client’s customers.
A well-defined business content strategy sets a path to create, distribute, and track the usage of content in relation to the buyer’s journey and the marketing touch points in the sales funnel. Getting the right message to the right customer at the right time is crucial.
Consider how the Screens application can help to achieve this and determine KPIs to help measure the success of the application in delivering that content.
You must consider that the experience must operate offline with limited bandwidth.
You must refer to these few questions that should be answered when building a content strategy for your AEM Screens project:
- Who is the target audience and what is the anticipated dwell time?
- What content needs to be shown to them?
- Where will content be most impactful?
- When is the ideal time to engage the audience?
- Who will create the content?
- Why should the target audience care about the content?
- What problems is the content helping them solve? (For example, does the Screens application help a customer find the most suitable shoes to wear for extreme mountain climbing or a perfect appliance for their new home?)
- How does the customer interact with the application or how is the user experience?
- What is your update and upgrade strategy?
- How often will new content be needed?It is important during the pre-sales stage to begin asking questions regarding not only about what content will be shared, but where the content data currently resides and how it will be leveraged into the Screens project. You must try to dig deeper into content during implementation but establish up-front what data is available and in what format.
Follow these important considerations regarding content data :
- Where is the content coming from?
- Is it up-to-date, accurate, and a source of truth or is it prone to inconsistencies and errors?
- Is there an existing integration that can be used for collecting data?
- Is there a data feed and is it reliable?
- In what format is the data?
- Is all of the data present? If not, what data is missing and where can it be found?
- How often is the data being added to or updated?