Privacy Service release notes
This document contains information about new features for Adobe Experience Platform Privacy Service, as well as enhancements and significant bug fixes.
April 8, 2020
Privacy requests can now be created and tracked under the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) in Thailand. When making privacy requests in the API, the regulation array accepts the value "pdpa_tha".
Namespace types in the UI
You can now specify different namespace types in the Request Builder in the Privacy Service UI. See the user guide for more information.
Old endpoint deprecation
The old API endpoint ( data/privacy/gdpr ) has been deprecated.
January 14, 2020
Privacy Service rebranding
The formerly named "GDPR Service" has been rebranded to Privacy Service as the service has grown to support other regulations in addition to GDPR.
New API endpoints
Base path for the Privacy Service API has been updated from /data/privacy/gdpr to /data/core/privacy/jobs
New required regulation property
When creating new jobs in the Privacy Service API, a regulation property must be supplied in the request payload to indicate which regulation to track the job under. Accepted values are gdpr and ccpa . See the document on privacy jobs in the Privacy Service developer guide for more information.
Support for Adobe Primetime Authentication
Privacy Service now accepts access/delete requests from Adobe Primetime Authentication, using primetimeAuthentication as its product value. See the Primetime Authentication documentation for more information.
- Privacy Service UI enhancements:
- Separate job tracking pages for GDPR and CCPA regulations.
- New Regulation Type dropdown to switch between tracking data for GDPR and CCPA.
July 25, 2019
Request Metrics Dashboard
The new metrics dashboard in the Privacy Service UI provides visibility into submitted, errored, and completed GDPR requests.
To service organizations with both technical and non-technical users submitting GDPR requests, a “Create Request” functionality has been added to the UI. The JSON file submission capability is still available in the Privacy Service UI for those organizations who prefer to continue using it.
GDPR Job Event Notifications
Event notifications about GDPR job statuses are a critical element to many workflows. While notifications were previously served using individual email notices, GDPR event notifications are messages that leverage Adobe I/O events, which are sent to a configured webhook facilitating job request automation. Privacy Service UI users can subscribe to Adobe I/O GDPR events to receive updates when a product or the GDPR job has been completed.
April 18, 2019
- Default range for the status table in the Privacy Service UI modified to a 7-day span.
- Better internal exception handling.
- Improved performance by introducing caching for common internal calls with low data change rates.
- Added missing logging information for filtered queries for the GET / endpoint in the Privacy Service API.
April 11, 2019
- Updated UI to support new functionality for beta customers
- New metrics API to support UI 2.0 features in beta
April 9, 2019
- Updated all lookup (GET) API calls to default to a 30-day lookback range
- Restricted API usage to have a maximum lookback range of 45 days
February 14, 2019
- Enforce the include field in every POST submission.
- Enforce the include field when uploading JSON.
- Fixed an issue where customers could not load the Privacy Service UI.