Google Ad Manager Destination
Google Ad Manager, formerly known as DoubleClick for Publishers or DoubleClick AdX, is an ad serving platform from Google that gives publishers the means to manage the display of advertisements on their websites, through video and in mobile apps.
Note the following details that are specific to Google Ad Manager destinations:
- You can send the following identities to Google Ad Manager destinations: Google cookie ID, IDFA, GAID, Roku IDs, Microsoft IDs, Amazon Fire TV IDs .
- Activated audiences are created programmatically in the Google platform.
- Adobe Real-time CDP does not currently include a measurement metric to validate successful activation. Refer to the audience counts in Google to validate the integration and understand audience targeting size.
If you are looking to create your first destination with Google Ad Manager and have not enabled the ID sync functionality in Experience Cloud ID Service in the past (with Audience Manager or other applications), please reach out to Adobe Consulting or Customer Care to enable ID syncs. If you had previously set up Google integrations in Audience Manager, the ID syncs you had set up carry over to Adobe Real-time CDP.
Whitelisting is mandatory before setting up your first Google Ad Manager destination in Adobe Real-time CDP. Please ensure the whitelisting process described below has been completed by Google before creating a destination.
Before creating the Google Ad Manager destination in Adobe Real-time CDP, you must contact Google asking for Adobe to be whitelisted as a data provider and your account to be whitelisted. Contact Google and provide the following information:
- Account ID : this is Adobe's account ID with Google. Contact Adobe Customer Care or your Adobe representative to obtain this ID.
- Customer ID : this is Adobe's customer account ID with Google. Contact Adobe Customer Care or your Adobe representative to obtain this ID.
- Network ID : this is your account with Google Ad Manager
- Audience Link ID : this is your account with Google Ad Manager
- Your account type. DFP by Google or AdX buyer .
- In Connections > Destinations , select Google Ad Manager, and select Create destination .
- In the Create destination workflow, fill in the Basic Information for the destination.
- Name : Fill in the preferred name for this destination.
- Description : Optional. For example, you can mention which campaign you are using this destination for.
- Account Type : Select an option, depending on your account with Google:
- Use DFP by Google for DoubleClick for Publishers
- Use AdX buyer for Google AdX
- Account ID : Fill in your account ID with Google. This can be your Network ID or your Audience Link ID. Typically, this is an eight digit ID.
When setting up a Google Ad Manager destination please work with your Google Account Manager or Adobe representative to understand which account type you have.
Activate segments to Google Ad Manager
For instructions on how to activate segments to Google Ad Manager, see Activate Data to Destinations .