Google Ads Destination
Google Ads, formerly known as Google AdWords, is an online advertising service that allows businesses to pay-per-click advertising across text-based searches, graphic displays, YouTube videos, and in-app mobile displays.
Note the following details that are specific to Google Ads destinations:
- You can send the following identities to Google Ads destinations: Google cookie ID, IDFA, GAID, Roku IDs, Microsoft IDs, Amazon Fire TV IDs .
- Activated audiences are created programmatically in the Google platform.
- Adobe Real-time CDP does not currently include a measurement metric to validate successful activation. Refer to the audience counts in Google to validate the integration and understand audience targeting size.
If you are looking to create your first destination with Google Ads and have not enabled the ID sync functionality in Experience Cloud ID Service in the past (with Audience Manager or other applications), please reach out to Adobe Consulting or Customer Care to enable ID syncs. If you had previously set up Google integrations in Audience Manager, the ID syncs you had set up carry over to Adobe Real-time CDP.
Existing Google Ads account
Google has paused any new Google Ads integrations with third-party vendors. You must have an existing integration with Google Ads in order to be able to perform the allow list steps in the next section and to create a Google Ads destination in Adobe Real-time CDP.
The allow list is mandatory before setting up your first Google Ads destination in Adobe Real-time CDP. Please ensure the allow list process described below has been completed by Google before creating a destination.
Before creating the Google Ads destination in Adobe Real-time CDP, you must contact Google for Adobe to be put on the list of allowed data providers, and for your account to be added to the allow list. Contact Google and provide the following information:
- Account ID : this is Adobe's account ID with Google. Contact Adobe Customer Care or your Adobe representative to obtain this ID.
- Customer ID : this is Adobe's customer account ID with Google. Contact Adobe Customer Care or your Adobe representative to obtain this ID.
- Your account type: AdWords
- Google AdWords ID : This is your ID with Google. The ID format is typically 123-456-7890.
- In Connections > Destinations , select Google Ads, and select Create destination .
- In the Setup step of the create destination workflow, fill in the Basic Information for the destination.
- Name : Fill in the preferred name for this destination.
- Description : Optional. For example, you can mention which campaign you are using this destination for.
- Account Type : AdWords is the only available option.
- Account ID : Fill in your account ID with Google Ads. The ID format is typically 123-456-7890.
- Marketing use case : Marketing use cases indicate the intent for which data will be exported to the destination. You can select from Adobe-defined marketing use cases or you can create your own marketing use case. For more information about marketing use cases, see the Data Governance in Real-time CDP page. For information about the individual Adobe-defined marketing use cases, see the Data usage policies overview .
Activate segments to Google Ads
For instructions on how to activate segments to Google Ads, see Activate Data to Destinations .
To verify if data has been exported successfully to the Google Ads destination, check your Google Ads account. If activation was successful, audiences are populated in your account.