JW Player Analytics (BETA) extension
This extension installs the JW Player adapter to connect JW Player events to Adobe Video Analytics. Harness the power of Adobe Video Analytics to gain detailed insights to understanding your customers’ video viewing habits.
JW Player Analytics (BETA) is an analytics extension in Adobe Real-time Customer Data Platform. For more information about the extension functionality, see the extension page on Adobe Exchange .
This destination is an Experience Platform Launch extension. For more information about how Launch extensions work in Adobe Real-time CDP, see Experience Platform Launch extensions overview .
This extension is available in the Destinations catalog for all customers who have purchased Adobe Real-time CDP.
To use this extension, you need access to Experience Platform Launch. Experience Platform Launch is offered to Adobe Experience Cloud customers as an included, value-add feature. Contact your organization administrator to get access to Launch and ask them to grant you the manage_properties permission so you can install extensions.
To install the JW Player Analytics (BETA) extension:
- In the Adobe Real-time CDP interface , go to Destinations > Catalog .
- Select the extension from the catalog or use the search bar.
- Click on the destination to highlight it, then select Install Extension in the right rail. If the Install Extension control is greyed out, you are missing the manage_properties permission. See Prerequisites .
- In the Select available Launch property window, select the Launch property in which you want to install the extension. You also have the option of creating a new property in Launch. A property is a collection of rules, data elements, configured extensions, environments, and libraries. Learn about properties in the Properties page section of the Launch documentation.
- The workflow takes you to Launch to complete the installation.
For information about the extension configuration options, see the JW Player Analytics (BETA) extension page in Adobe Exchange.
How to use the extension
Once you have installed the extension, you can start setting up rules for it directly in Launch.
In Launch, you can set up rules for your installed extensions to send event data to the extension destination only in certain situations. For more information about setting up rules for your extensions, see Rules documentation .
Configure, upgrade, and delete extension
You can configure, upgrade, and delete extensions in the Launch interface.
If the extension is already installed on one of your properties, the Adobe Real-time CDP UI still displays Install for the extension. Kick off the installation workflow as described in Install extension to get to Launch and configure or delete your extension.
To upgrade your extension, see Extension upgrade in the Launch documentation.