Activate profiles for your Facebook campaigns for audience targeting, personalization and suppression based on hashed emails.
To help you better understand how and when you should use the Facebook destination, here are two sample use cases that Adobe Real-time Customer Data Platform customers can solve by using this feature.
Use Case #1
An online retailer wants to reach existing customers through social platforms and show them personalized offers based on their previous orders. The online retailer can ingest email addresses from their own CRM to Adobe Real-time CDP, build segments from their own offline data, and send these segments to the Facebook social platform, optimizing their advertising spending.
Use Case #2
An airline has different customer tiers (Bronze, Silver, and Gold), and wants to provide each of the tiers with personalized offers via social platforms. However, not all customers use the airline's mobile app, and some of them have not logged on to the company's website. The only identifiers the company has about these customers are membership IDs and email addresses. To target them across social media, they can onboard the customer data from their CRM into Adobe Real-time CDP, using the hashed email addresses as identifiers. Next, they can combine their offline data with their existing online activity data, to build new audience segments that they can target through the Facebook destination.
Data governance for Facebook destinations
Data sent to Facebook should not include stitched identities. You are responsible for honoring this obligation and can do so by ensuring that segments selected for activation do not use a stitching option in their merge policy. Learn more about merge policies .
Segment Export - you are exporting all members of a segment (audience) with the identifiers (name, phone number, etc.) used in the Facebook destination.
Facebook account prerequisites
Before you can send your audience segments to Facebook, make sure you meet the following requirements:
- Your Facebook user account must have the Manage campaigns permission enabled for the Ad account that you plan to use.
- Add the Adobe Experience Cloud business account as an advertising partner in your Facebook Ad Account. Use business ID=206617933627973 . See Add Partners to Your Business Manager in the Facebook documentation for details.When configuring the permissions for Adobe Experience Cloud, you must enable the Manage campaigns permission. This is required for the Adobe Real-time CDP integration.
- Read and sign the Facebook Custom Audiences Terms of Service. To do this, go to https://business.facebook.com/ads/manage/customaudiences/tos/?act=[accountID] , where accountID is your Facebook Ad Account ID.
Email hashing requirements
Facebook requires that no personally identifiable information (PII) is sent in clear. Therefore, the audiences activated to Facebook must be keyed off hashed email addresses. You can choose to hash email addresses before ingesting them into Adobe Experience Platform, or you can choose to work with email addresses in clear in Experience Platform and have our algorithm hash them on activation.
To learn about ingesting email addresses in Experience Platform, see the batch ingestion overview and the steaming ingestion overview .
If you select to hash the email addresses yourself, make sure to comply with the following requirements:
- When hashing the email strings, make sure to hash the lowercase string;
- Make sure the hashed string is all lowercase
- Example: 55e79200c1635b37ad31a378c39feb12f120f116625093a19bc32fff15041149 , not 55E79200C1635B37AD31A378C39FEB12F120F116625093A19bC32FFF15041149 ;
- Do not salt the string.
If you choose not to hash email addresses, Adobe Real-time CDP will do that for you when you activate segments to Facebook. In the activation workflow (see step 5), select the Email option as shown below for raw email addresses and Email_LC_SHA256 for hashed email addresses .
Connect to destination
To connect to the Facebook destination, see Social network destinations authentication workflow .
Activate segments to Facebook
For instructions on how to activate segments to Facebook, see Activate Data to Destinations .