Social Network destinations authentication workflow
Workflow to create social network destinations
This tutorial uses Facebook as an example, but the workflow in Adobe Real-time Customer Data Platform will be the same for all social network destinations, once more are added to the product.
- In Destinations > Catalog , scroll to the Social category. Select your preferred social network destination, then select Configure .If a connection with this destination already exists, you can see an Activate button on the destination card. For more information about the difference between Activate and Configure , refer to the Catalog section of the destination workspace documentation.
- In the Authentication step, if you had previously set up a connection to your social network destination, select Existing Account and select your existing connection. Or, you can select New Account to set up a new connection to your social network destination. Select Connect to destination and this will take you to the selected social network destination to log in and connect Adobe Experience Cloud to your social network Ad account.Adobe Real-time CDP supports credentials validation in the authentication process and displays an error message if you input incorrect credentials to your social network account ID. This ensures that you don't complete the workflow with incorrect credentials.
- Once your credentials are confirmed and Adobe Experience Cloud is connected to your social network, you can select Next to proceed to the Setup step.
- In the Setup step, enter a Name and a Description for your activation flow and fill in the Account ID of your social network ad account.Also in this step, you can select any Marketing use case that should apply to this destination. Marketing use cases indicate the intent for which data will be exported to the destination. You can select from Adobe-defined marketing use cases or you can create your own marketing use case. For more information about marketing use cases, see the Data Governance in Real-time CDP page. For information about the individual Adobe-defined marketing use cases, see the Data usage policies overview .Select Create Destination after you filled in the fields above.
- The Single Identity Personalization marketing use case is selected by default for social network destinations and cannot be removed.
- For Facebook destinations. Account ID is your Facebook Ad Account ID. You can find this ID in the Facebook Ads Manager. Prefix the ID with act_ as shown below:
- Your destination is now created. You can select Save & Exit if you want to activate segments later on or you can select Next to continue the workflow and select segments to activate. In either case, see the next section, Activate segments to social networks , for the rest of the workflow.
Activate segments to social networks
For instructions on how to activate segments to social networks, see Activate Data to Destinations .