Destinations are pre-built integrations with destination platforms that allow for the seamless activation of data from Real-time Customer Data Platform. You can use destinations to activate your known and unknown data for cross-channel marketing campaigns, email campaigns, targeted advertising, and many other use cases.
Destinations and Sources
One of the core functionalities of Real-time CDP is ingesting your first-party data and activating it for your business needs. Use sources to ingest data into Real-time CDP and destinations to export data from Real-time CDP.
The controls in the Destinations workspace allow you to:
- Browse the catalog of destination platforms where you can activate your data;
- Create, edit, activate, and disable data flows to the destinations in the catalog;
- Create an account in a storage location or link Real-time CDP to the account in the destination platform;
- Select which segments should be activated to destinations;
- Select which Experience Data Model (XDM) fields to export when activating segments to email marketing destinations.
Destination types and categories
For detailed information, see the destination types and categories overview .
Destinations and Access Controls
The destinations functionality in Real-time CDP works with Adobe Experience Platform access control permissions. Depending on your user's permission level, you can view, manage, and activate destinations. For information about the individual permissions, see Access control in Adobe Experience Platform and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
For more information about access controls, see the Access control user guide .
Data Governance restrictions on activating data to destinations
Data governance is enforced for Real-time CDP destinations through:
- Marketing use cases that you can select in the create destinations workflow;
- Data usage policies that restrict data containing certain usage labels from being activated to destinations with certain marketing use cases.
See the Data Governance in Real-time CDP documentation for more information about marketing use cases and resolving data policy violations .
For more information about selecting marketing use cases in the create destination workflow, see the following pages for the different destination types in Real-time CDP:
For more information about data policy violations in the segment activation workflow, see the Review step in Activate profiles and segments to a destination .