Tutorial: Implement website tags with Adobe Launch
This tutorial explains how to implement your website tags to send data to Adobe Experience Platform using Adobe Launch.
- The necessary schema and dataset are created in Platform.
- The necessary configuration has been deployed in Experience Edge and has the matching Configuration ID and Edge domain.
This tutorial contains the following steps:
- Install the Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK extension.
- Create a rule to tell Launch what data to send.
- Bundle the extension and rule in a library.
Install the Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK extension
First, install the Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK extension.
- In Launch, open the Extensions tab.
- Select the Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK extension from the Launch Extension Catalog The configuration screen opens.For more information, see Extensions in the Launch documentation.
- Configure the extension.The only settings you need right now are:
- Configuration ID: Specify the Configuration ID you got from your Adobe representative.
- Edge Domain: Specify the edge domain you got from your Adobe representative.
- Click Save and continue to the next step.
Create a rule to tell Launch what data to send
Next, create a rule to let Launch know what data you want to send to Adobe Experience Platform and when you want to send it.
- Under the Rules tab, configure an event that will trigger on each new page of the website when the Launch library loads.
- Click Keep Changes .
For more information, see Rules in the Launch documentation.
Bundle the extension and rule in a library
Next, bundle the extension and your new rule together in a library and test those changes in a development environment.
After you've completed your testing, promote the library through the workflow so it can be deployed onto the Production site. Data is now flowing from each individual user to Adobe Experience Platform.
For more information, see Libraries in the Launch documentation.