2017 Release Notes
Feature releases, updates, or changes to the Experience Cloud Identity Service for 2017.
There are no customer-facing release notes or code changes for March, April, May, and October 2017. For those months, the ID service code remained unchanged at v2.1.
This is an asynchronous API that returns identifiers for Analytics, the ID service, data collection opt-out, geographic location, and metadata "blob" content by default. Also, you can control which IDs you want to return with the optional
visitor.FIELDSenum. See getVisitorValues .
Bug Fixes and Other Changes
- Fixed a Chrome-related bug that caused the ID service to throw an error when clicking the back button in that browser.
- The ID service now re-fires ID syncs when the region ID in the event call response changes.
Updated and revised the FAQs to include separate FAQs for different Experience Cloud solutions.
When added to the
Visitor.getInstancefunction, this configuration lets you override the default Supplemental Data ID (SDID) expiration interval when passing that ID from one page to another. You would use
appendSupplimentalDataTohelper function. See sdidParamExpiry .
Bug Fixes and Other Changes
- Fixed a bug in VisitorAPI.js v2.2 that prevented the ID service and Target from working together in Internet Explorer.
- Revised code to help improve how the ID service sends data to the Destination Publishing iFrame. This helps reduce CPU usage.
Release date: June, 2017
These configurations let different instances of ID service code implemented in an iFrame and on the parent page communicate with each other. They're designed to help resolve problems with 2 specific use cases where you may or may not control the parent page/domain and you have ID service code loading in the iFrame of a domain that you do control.
Documentation Updates for May
Documentation Updates for April
Added links to
Audience Managerdocumentation that describes calls to the
Release date: February, 2017
ID service API property,
ID service API method,
Fixed a bug that caused the ID service to make redundant server calls for an ID instead of using the ID stored in the AMCV cookie. (MCID-296)
The ID service code v2.0 automatically synchronizes IDs with Adobe Media Optimizer by default. This means you'll see a call from the page to
cm.eversttech.net, which is a legacy Media Optimizer domain controlled by Adobe. See also, Understanding ID Synchronization and Match Rates .
Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed a bug that prevented AppMeasurement from making tracking calls to Analytics. (MCID-254, MCID-256, MCID-286)
- Fixed a bug that prevented the ID service from failing right away if a visitor had enabled an ad blocker and that blocker was configured to exclude the demdex.net domain. This is a rare and unusual bug because most ad blocking tools do not block the demdex.net domain. (MCID-233)
- Fixed a bug caused by interactions between ID service code and a custom script on a customer's website. This issue prevented Internet Explorer 9 from loading Web pages. (MCID-206)
Older ID service release notes.