Launch is the next-generation of tag management capabilities from Adobe. Launch gives customers a simple way to deploy and manage all of the analytics, marketing, and advertising tags necessary to power relevant customer experiences.
Launch empowers anyone to build and maintain their own integrations with Launch, called extensions . These extensions are available to Launch customers in an app-store experience so they can quickly install, configure, and deploy their tags.
Launch is offered to Adobe Experience Cloud customers as an included, value-add feature. Launch is an entirely new product with a new code base, designed to replace the previous Dynamic Tag Management (DTM) service. However, DTM will continue to be supported for the foreseeable future. Adobe will continue to fix any significant bugs and ensure consistent performance. At this time, no major feature enhancements are planned for legacy DTM.
- Faster time to value.
- Trustworthy data through centralized collection, organization, and delivery using data elements.
- Compelling experiences through the integration of data and marketing technology using rule builder.
Browse, configure, and deploy marketing/advertising tools built and maintained by independent software vendors.
Create robust rules that combine multiple events, sequenced in the way that you determine using if/then logic with conditions and exceptions. Rules provide options for:
The rule builder includes real-time error checking and syntax highlighting for your custom code.
When the criteria outlined in your rules are met and conditions are satisfied, the actions you define are executed in order.
Collect, organize, and deliver data across web-based marketing and advertising technology.
The publishing process enables teams to publish code to pages. Different people can create an implementation, approve it, and publish it to your pages.
- Changes to your code are encapsulated within libraries you define.
- You specify where and when you want your code deployed.
- Multiple libraries can be built in parallel by different teams.
- Unlimited development environments.
- Deliberate, permissioned process for merging libraries together.
Automate implementations of individual technologies, or a group of technologies.
- Launch interacts with the Reactor APIs.
- Deployments can be automated through APIs.
- Integrate the Launch APIs with your own internal systems.
- You can build your own user interface, if desired.
Light, Modular Container tag
The Launch container tag is 60% lighter than DTM and 40% lighter than Google Tag Manager. The content of your container is minified, including your custom code. Everything is modular. If you don't need an item, it is not included in your library. The result is an implementation that is fast and compact. See Minification .
Launch provides several improvements over similar systems, including:
- No use of document.write () where Chrome doesn't allow it.
- The Page Top and Page Bottom rules are bundled into the main library to minimize unnecessary HTTP calls.
- Custom action scripts within a rule can be loaded in parallel, but are executed sequentially.
- If you avoid Page Top and Page Bottom rules, the code is mostly asynchronous, with a path to getting fully async.
Launch requires the following:
- You must be an Adobe Experience Cloud customer.
- You must deploy the Launch or DTM embed code on your web pages.